Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey yall. About to purchase my first Mod. I would like to know...performance wise (most hp and tq added)...which intake system is best.

1.K&N drop in
2.Lingenfleter CAI
3.More Perf.
5.Speed Inc.
6.Volant
7.None, get a custom pipe (what material?) and elbow...thatll make the most
8.Other (please list why...)

If you say #7 how much do you think something like this would cost from a fabricating shop? And which filter do you recommend if I go this route...or should I leave the stock box and all if I go this route?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
I have only had the K&N drop in and then the Lingenfelter so that is all I can judge on. For a factory look the K&N drop in was great, a little added power and looked just like stock. Now the Lingenfelter looks far from stock, but I did notice an improvement over just the drop in. Either one is an improvement over stock though in my opinion. Either way remove the little snorkel in front of the airbox, you can see it if you shine a droplight through the grill, she is a serious choke point so take it out if you have not already..
Let the mods begin....;)

Bill

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THANKS. KEEP the info coming. No where in any thread is there a discussion about each intake available for the V...and there pros and cons. So let this be that thread :worship:

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Having owned both the More Performance and Lingenfelter intake I'd say go with the lingenfelter. But, I ordered the Volant CAIK so I have to see how that goes.

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Although I have no dyno basis to say this, my belief is that the Volant one would be superior, as the intake charge (in theory) should be cooler than the others, which should produce more torque. I also find it hard to believe that the other intakes would flow significantly more air than the Volant. :D

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
The air passing through the intake tube is not in there long enough to be exposed to the effects of heat soak. It should not make much, or any, difference whether the tube is aluminum or plastic.

·
Registered
131 Posts
After looking at the different designs, I went with the Volant. While I have not tried the others, the Volant addresses many of the negative issues associated with cone filters.

FWIW, Stealth claims it's the best on the market so that probably means something!

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
If I end up getting a Maggie this spring, should I just wait to purchase the Volant intake? Isn't there another version coming out to fit the Maggie?

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Seattle CTS-V said:
If I end up getting a Maggie this spring, should I just wait to purchase the Volant intake? Isn't there another version coming out to fit the Maggie?
People just hook up the intake elbow that the magnacharger offers and connects it to the volant.
unless of course i'm wrong.

·
Registered
268 Posts
slow35th said:
What he said is "there is no magic bullet"

To me the Volant looks no less restrictive than the stock unit.
What you can't see from the pictures of the Volant is that the side next to fender is open (to get cool air from the hole in the inside of the fender?) and the intake in the front is about twice as big as the stock unit (the snorkle takes up about 1/2 of the opening as opposed to the stock unit which the snorkle fills).

Marty

·
Registered
827 Posts
51PHFTY said:
What you can't see from the pictures of the Volant is that the side next to fender is open (to get cool air from the hole in the inside of the fender?)
Marty
The stock box does that also.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
10 Participants
slow35th