Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,374 Posts
Not really. The PCM has not been hacked, and there is very, very little aftermarket support for our cars. Forget about cutesy air filters, "CAI" installs (it already has a good one), cutesy spark plugs or so-called "chips".

Which car do you own - a SLS or STS ? The 275 hp 3.11 final drive SLS is a good, economical highway cruiser. The 300 hp 3.71 STS is the "performance" model with active magnetic ride control suspension.

Either can get a slight power gain up at redline shift points using the 14150 CORSA catback exhaust - about $1450. Look at the before and after dyno runs in the thread titled "Vroom, vroom". Google "cadillac forums seville vroom vroom".

CORSA 13.jpg

LR view.JPG

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,658 Posts
Is there anything(performance mods) that can be done to 04' sevilles
======================
NOPE -
Cadillac picked ALL of the "low-hanging-fruit" when they built the Northstar motor -

well actually there is ONE thing that has been PROVEN to increase horsepower - SLIGHTLY -
but the increase is at redline - during WOT - Wide Open Throttle - on the STS model -
the CORSA exhaust - $1500 for MAYBE 15 horsepower -
BUT - the SOUND that the Corsa system produces is worth the price of admission -

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay thanks, and it is an SLS. Also when I got it I had my mechanic switch the magnetic RC to a regular suspension setup do you know how to get rid of the service stability control message in the instrument cluster.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,658 Posts
Okay thanks, and it is an SLS. Also when I got it I had my mechanic switch the magnetic RC to a regular suspension setup do you know how to get rid of the service stability control message in the instrument cluster.
============================
I had my mechanic switch the magnetic RC to a regular suspension setup
the 2004 Seville only came as an SLS model -
and the SLS model never had MagnaRide -

SO - something doesn't add up -

the SERVICE STABILITY SYSTEM message is usually caused by a faulty Steering Wheel Position Sensor -
but - to be sure - check for DTC's - Diagnostic Trouble Codes - using the on-board scanner -
if you don't know how - go here -

post any codes you have -
ALONG WITH THEIR DEFINITIONS -

include whether they are C-Current or H-History -

for code definitions - go here -

here is a how-to video -

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,374 Posts
??? 2002 - 3 - 4 SLS does not have the F55 MRC suspension.

More info in my answer to your PM.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts