Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone suggest ways to get more power out of a 5.0? It is good on the highway, but it struggles getting "big girl" up to speed. I'm not talking snap your neck performance (wifey says can't go overboard) but a significant improvement would be gravy.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
I think changing your rear end gears would be the best way to get some more power. If I remember my friends 307 correctly, that thing had excellent top end, but pitiful torque off of the line. This was in a (comparitively) little Cutlass Supreme. You definitely need more torque than that thing.

·
Registered
32 Posts
if it's a chevy 305 any of the usual chev tricks will work,intake cam etc.if it's a 307 olds put a bigger one in!mind you that can also be said for the chev.305's aren't the best motor for performance,bad heads small bore etc.that being said i've seen 305's make good power but it involved a fair bit of work.best place for olds mods is olds faq.punch it in to your search engine.all kinds of interesting stuff.chevy stuff is everywhere start at hotrod or carcraft for motor builds.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
maksitfaster