Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant
15,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey lookin for some performance mods to do on my 97 ETC any ideas? So far im gonna get and run two Raven Mufflers and cut out my resignator.

·
Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
1,164 Posts
CadillacETC1997 said:
Hey lookin for some performance mods to do on my 97 ETC any ideas? So far im gonna get and run two Raven Mufflers and cut out my resignator.
Use the Search feature above to find what you're looking for. A cat-back exhaust system will help to some degree, but intake modifications don't seem to pay off. It can take a lot of money to get obvious gains out of it. It's a well-engineered system, so gains can be few and far between. If you want to spring for nitrous, that'll buy you a few HP. Get a "Type R" sticker for another 35 HP.

·
Registered
1995 Eldorado ETC (Z-rated)
55 Posts
:thepan: Sarcasm, my man, sarcasm.

Performance mods for an ETC Northstar will be rare (ones that actually do anything.)

The cars hold their own from the factory. He is just saying remember that you're driving a Eldorado, not an Accord.

·
Banned
15,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh wow lol ok i get it its juz im lookin for a lil more umphh my friends got a friggen Lincoln LS V-8 (his parents gave it to him hes spoiled and yea i kno im 18 drivin an ETC but i payed for mine) and he says he can take me juz wanna make sure i can back my mouth up with my ride cuz im sick of him trashin my whip

·
Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
1,164 Posts
CadillacETC1997 said:
What about this http://page.auctions.yahoo.com/auction/91000304 worth it? Will it really work?
LOL... Ummm, I guess it depends on what you mean by "work." If you mean, "Will it put money in the seller's pocket," then by all means, the answer is it works wonders. If, on the other hand, you want to know "Will it make my ETC go faster," then I think the answer is a resounding no frickin way. If Cadillac could boost the engine's power 10-15% by adding on a tiny electric fan, don't you think they'd do it? That would be some of the cheapest horsepower ever generated. This little electric fan will probably supercharge the seller's bank account, but I'm reasonably certain it will do nothing noticeable to your car or anyone else's. Put $110 in your retirement fund. It will be money well invested.

Don't forget the old, and still true adage, "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is."

·
Banned
15,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol yea i figured it would be fake juz thought id ask to make sure

·
Registered
97 ETC, 98 Z28, 04 Lotus Esprit
32 Posts

·
Banned
15,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea but my buddys Honda Prelude V-Tech stomped a BMW 3 Series i dont wanna be meeting his fate

·
Registered
157 Posts
You have got to be able to determine the "potential" of any modern day production car before you go placing pink slips in the flag man's hand. I'm sure the Lincoln is quite a nice car and that their engineers did a good job on placing a powerfull engine in that platform. Also, as with the Cadillac, there may not be much offered in the after market to boost it's performance either. Yet, the Honda on the otherhand just may have a tow truck following it around to collect all the cars it does beat. The Honda is light, has incredable potential, and a slew of aftermarket parts for it. The Honda roatating section is near bullet proof so it will handle nearly 300 more HP and they are doing it!
So be carefull when braggin up your Eldo. Just take your friend for a ride and let him feel the seat of his pants tell him if he wants to put something up on it. I'd be willing to bet he will drop the subject entirely after feeling and seeing how the N* flexes.
lry99eldo

·
Banned
1995 ETC, 75 Deville, Cad500 powered 73 Apollo, 94 Mark VIII
7,971 Posts
You should be able to take an LS8 without any mods. The only worthwhile things to do would be cat back exhaust and nitrous.

·
Banned
15,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I already figured on the exaust kit but hows the nos deal work ive seen it on 98 sevilles how bout on a 97 ETC

·
Registered
95 Posts
davesdeville said:
You should be able to take an LS8 without any mods. The only worthwhile things to do would be cat back exhaust and nitrous.
What about a chip. I've read they are available for the eldo. My next car will probably be a newer eldo ETC (got a 94 now). And I was planning to do the exhaust, chip and nitrious.

·
Banned
15,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i dont think a chip works for cars with obd-2 if you find one that works on a 97 please tell me

·
Banned
7,971 Posts
There are chips out for 93-95s, no one has bothered "hacking" the OBDII PCM, and it doesn't even have a removable PROM chip in the first place. I've never been entirely convinced they work as advertised. Most of them make most of their extra power by running a more agressive ignition timing curve that makes you run premium. Well, the N* already has the agressive timing for premium so I don't see how it can squeeze any performance out of that without stepping up to race gas or something.

CadillacETC1997 said:
I already figured on the exaust kit but hows the nos deal work ive seen it on 98 sevilles how bout on a 97 ETC
Nitrous works the same on every car... there are different ways of running it but all involve injecting nitrous as well as more fuel into the intake tract. Search google for basic nitrous info, search the forum for northstar-specific nitrous info.

·
Registered
1995 Cadillac STS
152 Posts
I was thinking about installing a cat back system. Who makes a good system? All i have found so far is the system made by Corsa, is there any other companys making cat back systems for 1995 STS.

·
Banned
7,971 Posts
The Corsa would have to be modified a bit to fit on an older STS. Your best solution is to go to a local exhaust shop and have them make you a custom mandrel bent exhaust. It will probably end up being cheaper than a Corsa anyway.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts