Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this topic has been covered in the past...I couldn't find one.
I am looking to buy a CTS-V. I hear there is 4 driving modes. The salesmen didn't know squat about either one of the 2 cars I drove. The first car had a smooth ride and smooth shift. The second car felt totally different, much stiffer ride and the shifting was not as smooth. Could the second car been in another performance driving mode I read about? How do you change the modes and what do they do?
Thanks!!
Howard

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
12,266 Posts
nope. You probably drove V's with the different suspension packaged FE2 or the FE4. The driving modes are activated by the driver on the steering wheel.

F

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
To add to what Florian has already stated, the driving modes, if we can call it that, only have to do with the level of input the computer will allow the car to give should traction and or stability become compromised.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Florian said:
nope. You probably drove V's with the different suspension packaged FE2 or the FE4. The driving modes are activated by the driver on the steering wheel.

F
FE2 is the 'Nurbergring' package but what is the FE4? Is that just the standard suspension?
-Mike

·
Premium Member
6,067 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
There is a fifth hidden driver mode. :shhh:

It is kind of tricky to setup, but once there it stays on until you turn it off.

1. Open the hood of the car.
2. Follow the instructions to install a Magnuson Supercharger.
3. Close the hood and get in the car
4. Apply generous amounts of right foot to the peddle located on the right.

:alchi:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
7 Participants
DgtalPimp