Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
09' Cadillac CTS
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does a GForce chip really work ?

I came across this website that claims to add up to 60 more hp with a chip that is connected via 2 wires that plug into the IAT sensor. The unit is then able to reprogram the ECU thus improving your car's performance (That statement was copied straight from the web site) and all this for only $69, which makes me think it is a scam but then again you never know. So I was wonder if anyone has tried it or even looked into it before??
I am new to this forum so I cant post the link to the website but if you Google the GFORCE Chip I am sure you'll find it.

·
Registered
09' Cadillac CTS
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: GFORCE Performance chip??? Does it really work?

I was actully thinking that but figured I would ask just in case, Thanks

·
Registered
2008 CTS V6 2.6L DI, 1993 Cadillac Sedan DeVille 4.9L V8 FI
35 Posts

its not a scam i saw this and bought one and installed it it improve gas millage for sure i drive the same route almost every day and i was getting about 14mpg...i installed the chip and now i get 19.2mpg i significant improvement im not sure about the HP but MPG there is a definite gain

·
Registered
2011 Cadillac CTS-4 Coupe Raven Black
300 Posts

From the OP's description it sounds like it's just a resistor that is wired into the IAT?? Kind of like just doing IAT sensor relocation (free mod) and tricking the ECU into thinking the engine is getting cooler air than it is in reality and thus richenning the AFR. Obv a scam since there is no way you'll get 60hp from this... you would be lucky to get 6hp... peak. And if anything fuel mileage would be worse I would think...

If you want real WOT HP, and better gas mileage just save your money and get a custom tune from a reputable shop on this site imo

·
Registered
08 CTS
176 Posts

According to cadillac tech to whom is a friend stated these are a scam and will do major harm to the engine.He said all these do is fool the ECM into having the car run in the cold mode all the time. This allows the engine more air and more fuel.(ever notice how much better your car does in the morning) this is because it's in the cold mode. He stated over a very short time there are major internal damage to the motor. Once this is done it voids your warranty immediately and all repairs are one you. Remember all this is stored in the computer, so they know what you did. This is poison, stay far away!

·
Registered
08 CTS
176 Posts

Money, money, money!!!........And they don't have to prove that a product actually does what they claim, to advertise. Just watch TV. Can' fault this site!

·
Registered
c2013 cts coupe
6 Posts
Performance chip

Are performance chips healthy for your car and its engine? if they are whats a reasonable price for one, ive seen them range from $70 - $500. Does anyone like a specific chip the best?

·
Registered
2004 CTS 3.6, 2004 SRX 4.6 AWD, 2012 CTS 3.6 DI AWD
1,229 Posts
Re: Performance chip

no, and i dont know of any for a cts. any specific ones youve seen? the only thing that really avail is a trifecta tune, which i think is about 500, but theres not really a way for you to take out one chip and put in another

·
Registered
CTS
1,882 Posts

Chips went the way of the OBD1 e-proms.

Today you can get a canned tune to flasj=h in or a custom tune. For the V6 pretty much Trifecta is your choice, V8's we do full custom tunes.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2004 CTS 3.6, 2004 SRX 4.6 AWD, 2012 CTS 3.6 DI AWD
1,229 Posts

I just went through the 3 that they had on there. none are perf chips. one is a turbo manager, the other air temp sense thing just tries to play tricks on the cars computer, the third was a fuel management thing that i doubt would work with the cts.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
17,558 Posts

I believe you are better off with the Trifecta as arw1510 mentioned.

·
Registered
2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320
2,623 Posts
Re: G-Force Performance Chip

Ahhh sweet I need one of those right now, lol.

Save your money and keep it in your pocket.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts