Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.. I've got a 03 3.6L CTS ..I'm looking into affordable upgrades. One thing I found and someone refered me to is the Performance chips they make for Cadillacs.. Do these things really work? And are there any other things I could add to push a little more horsepower.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,431 Posts
Welcome to CF !!!

The so-called "performance chips" are usually a 25 cent resistor in a $75 box that fools the IAT sensor into a temp offset, richening the overall fuel mixture. Forget it - it's like the choke is always partially on.

You would be much better off with the slight performance gain offered by one of several PCM "tuners". The members in here will have advice on that.

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,196 Posts
Hey guys.. I've got a 03 3.6L CTS ..I'm looking into affordable upgrades. One thing I found and someone refered me to is the Performance chips they make for Cadillacs.. Do these things really work? And are there any other things I could add to push a little more horsepower.
If you have an '03, then you've got a 3.2L, which is a bit of a bastard child. They only used the 3.2L in '03 and part of '04, and it's a completely different engine than the later 3.6 and 2.8, so there's nothing that transfers over. Not that there are a whole lot of performance options for those, either.

As Sub409 said, a "performance chip" is pretty much snake oil BS - and that's true for just about any car, not just your CTS.

You could look into getting a cold air induction setup. Many/most of the picture links in this old thread are dead, but there's useful information nonetheless - Great Air Intake Challenge, Part 2 (for 3.2L cars).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you have an '03, then you've got a 3.2L, which is a bit of a bastard child. They only used the 3.2L in '03 and part of '04, and it's a completely different engine than the later 3.6 and 2.8, so there's nothing that transfers over. Not that there are a whole lot of performance options for those, either.

As Sub409 said, a "performance chip" is pretty much snake oil BS - and that's true for just about any car, not just your CTS.

You could look into getting a cold air induction setup. Many/most of the picture links in this old thread are dead, but there's useful information nonetheless - Great Air Intake Challenge, Part 2 (for 3.2L cars).
Yeah man I looked deeper into after I made this post and noticed it was actually a 3.2L, A few guys I've talked to about the performance chips told me they are really just a waste of money, I'm just looking for a little more power, It's a nice car but id like for it to push a little hard, Ya can't push a 3.2 but so far though.. I'll look into the link you shared though, Appreciate it man.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts