Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Escalade
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed upgraded or performance brakes on their Escalade? What did you use?
What worked the best?

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac Escalade (sold) 2011 radiant silver CTS-V
429 Posts
in my 03 i have Powerslot + 1 in the fronts, Powerslot rotors in the rears, Hawk pad all around and goodridge SS brake lines and i can tellm you it does the job real well and i 22" giovannas. it made a big difference to me.

·
Registered
03 Escalade
336 Posts
in my 03 i have Powerslot + 1 in the fronts, Powerslot rotors in the rears, Hawk pad all around and goodridge SS brake lines and i can tellm you it does the job real well and i 22" giovannas. it made a big difference to me.

Now with these powerslots, They just go in the stock location, but they are a lil larger right?

Nothing like a brembo kit, just a small upgrade so to say?

How much did they run you, I'd like to do an upgrade like that.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
429 Posts
the front powerslot kit comes with a bracket that pushes out the stock caliper for the bigger rotor if you do decide to go this route get everything (front & rear rotors, good brake pads & stainless steel brake lines) cause i have a friend that just bought the front kitfor his escalade and it didnt make that much of difference compared to mines.

·
Registered
03 Escalade
336 Posts
the front powerslot kit comes with a bracket that pushes out the stock caliper for the bigger rotor if you do decide to go this route get everything (front & rear rotors, good brake pads & stainless steel brake lines) cause i have a friend that just bought the front kitfor his escalade and it didnt make that much of difference compared to mines.
do you have these on your ladey with the stainless lines, I would assume cermaic pads would be the best to use. What brand? Hawk? EBC ?

Interested as I have 24's, it stops fine enough with the stock brakes to me but a small upgrade would be nice, I cant afford the brembo's yet, I'm still waiting to hit the lotto :D

·
Registered
'01 Pearl White - Sold 10/11, '09 Raven Black :)
737 Posts
After puttin on some 24's I noticed mine does take a little longer to stop... from personal experience I think the Hawk or either EBC are the best ones to get and the stainless lines help stop flexing on the rubber brake lines so your brake pedal has a more "definate" feel and kinda better response.

·
Registered
429 Posts
i cant remeber how much everything cost me exactly it was around $1300 i think.

Powerslot +1 (front)
Powerslot rotors (rear)
Hawk HPS pads
Goodridge lines

·
Registered
Cadillac
6 Posts
After studing pad upgrades for my 2005 EXT (27K miles) to just stop better / more effective - I replaced all pads with Hawk "LTS" and the difference is very noticable. I followed Hawk's recommendation to turn each rotor and had the shop install the pads and required them to do a final rotor wip-down with brake clean before putting wheels on. I did the brake-in as precribed and the results are worth it, approx. + 50% from factory. No more fad - the more you step the more thry work! The dealer has experienced many torn-up rotor from ceramics due to rotor heat treat/alloying and also recommends ferro-carbon or material pads.
mark/denver

·
Registered
429 Posts
^ive heard good things as well about that kit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts