Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at a Vsport that lists "BRAKE LININGS, PERFORMANCE (Vehicles equipped with these linings will experience faster accumulation of brake dust on wheel surfaces and may produce more noise than with standard linings.) (JE2)" on its sticker.

I'd be grateful for anyone's real world summary of any pros and cons on these linings vs the regular linings, from the perspective of a daily driver. I assume one downside would be cost, but what is that cost difference when it comes time to replace them? Any other reason to stay away? I doubt it, but thought I'd ask the experts.

Thank you!

·
Registered
2014 CTS VSport white tri coat/cashmere interior
291 Posts
My car has them, and I don't experience any extra brake dust or noise. I'm staying with them when it's time to replace.

·
Registered
'19 CT6 Platinum 3.0TT
499 Posts
I ordered my car without them because of my experience with them on the vettes I've had. They were dusty, wore out fairly quickly and wore out the disks just as fast. Don't know for sure if the ones they use on the Vsport will do the same. From a performance standpoint I don't think you would notice the difference.

That being said, if I were buying one off the lot it wouldn't keep me from buying it and I wouldn't go to the expense of swapping them out either.

·
Registered
2014 CTS V sport (Trifecta tune, hold on!)
95 Posts
I have them also. No noise. Not overly dusty compared to other cars I've had, but after a day of back country fun they're ready for a wash. A little wheel cleaner and they hose off pretty easily.

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport Premium
550 Posts
Mine has the regular pads and the braking is more than adequate, but I have thought about swapping them out for the performance linings when it comes time.

As an option (which are usually marked up like crazy) I believe it's only $100, so it's not much money.

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,029 Posts
I assume one downside would be cost, but what is that cost difference when it comes time to replace them?
There is no cost difference when it comes time to replace them, because you can replace them with whatever pads you please, just like you can with the standard linings.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts