Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Brett said:
its so complex now, trying to figure out import or domestic. I mean the Big 3 isnt really the Big 3 anymore even. And a lot of those imports are made here.
That's true. And even some brands have import and domestics mixed together so you can't even go just by brand TOTALLY.

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
yeah, like you're a good american if you buy a pontiac vibe, but your un-american if you buy a toyota matrix. It's very hard to figure out, i buy what I like

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
yeah, a person I know has a '94 Sentra, it is made in Texas, but the same can't be said for domestic cars....

..... I guess I am just a GM guy.....some imports are kinda nice, I really don't like Honda for too many things, aToyota is ok, I like the Tacoma, but anything else and I would get a F-series, or new Ram (no, I would just get the Ram) MB is ok... they make alot of cars in the $80k-$100k range, I really don't care for BMW, but I prefer Cadillac...... onlything is, if someone wanted to spend $100k on a real nice car, Cadillac was out of the question, while MB had quite a few options.....although that will soon change.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Brett said:
Heres one way they are trying to get back on top

http://money.cnn.com/2003/05/28/news/companies/gm/index.htm
Sorry, but based on the BS I've been going through over the last few months concerning my wife's Denali and GMC dealers and customer service, they have NO INTENTION to "improve communications with customers".

GM is bogged-down in bureaucratic BS that has kept them unable/unwilling to take a common-sense approach to problem solving. Any customer with an ounce of common sense will be TOTALLY frustrated whenever they deal with GM dealers and/or customer service agents.

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
Have you guys heard about this. I don't know if you get the channel "Prime" but they mentioned GM's new honesty campaign of quality. Basically they have admitted that all the cars they made in the past were NOT good quality. They specifically mentioned the GM X-car of 1980-85, and the Chevette. I need more info on this but if they knew they made bad quality cars in the past, why did they not try to improve them. I think what they said is a big blow to anyone who defends a GM car against a foreign make. Is it a good thing to say "WE WERE BAD" Is this smart? I mean all car companies make some lemons, right?! It is fact that to sue for bad quality or defects that the Statute of Limitations says you have a certain amount of time to sue. Now it is too late after the admission. This implies that NOW they will start making REAL quality products. The exception is, however, the Cadillac manufacturing, and a Chevy plant in Canada!! Has anyone heard anything about this, as I've mentioned I don't have all the facts but this concerned me! I know for sure the name of the program was called "Money Wise." PS they mentioned the new "Overnight Campaign" also, where you can take a new GM car home and bring it back the next day, sort of like Saturn, you can buy it and return it within a month if you don't like it.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts