Cadillac Owners Forum banner

What is the ultimate mid-life crisis car?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
'02 Eldorado; '86 Porsche 911 'Vert; '07 Ford Escape Limited
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the ultimate mid-life crisis car? In 20 year when I turn 44/45, I can't wait to buy an expensive, fast, fun mid life crisis car:crybaby: . What is the ultimate one?

·
Registered
'98 Buick Regal LS - '91 Caddy Seville - '87 Caddy Seville!
4,425 Posts
I chose the Bimmer, but I would much prefer Al Bundy's brown Dodge:

Dodge.

·
Registered
'69 Fleetwood Brougham, '76 Fleetwood Limousine
567 Posts
From the choices listed, I picked the '69 Pontiac GTO Judge.
But my personal choice would be a 1969 Dodge Coronet R/T with 440-Magnum, auto, and 3.55:1 gears. Low 14/high 13-second 1/4 miles, 5-6 passengers, big trunk and a tough and reliable engine.

·
Registered
None now...1972 Challenger=my pride and joy.
5,702 Posts
hell, out of that list, there ain't many mopars...the SRT-10 I don't FIT in, cause its too dang small, but if I fit, it'd be my choice...I'd have to go with the Judge out of that list. followed by the stingray, just cause I love the old stuff...next in line, the 'vette ragtop.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
For a mid life crisis a ragtop is great
Sun out , twisted road ahead of you, and your wife of over 25 years beside you
What could be better!

·
Registered
1996 Fleetwood
2,536 Posts
You left off the Ram SRT-10, I don't see any of the M series BMW's, none of AMG benz's stuff, none of the variant Mustangs....

Overall, I'd gun for either a Mustang, the Ram, or one of the hot sedans, like the V Caddy's, the M BMW's (M5 with a few years on it, like a yr 2000) or the AMG Benz's, (The E55 sedan is one of my favorite.) The sedans are at least somewhat practical, can carry a few people, hold some groceries, and will stay a bit more justified once you're out of midlife crisis. The Mustang as well perhaps to a lesser degree, it's a coupe, but tolerable back seat. The Mustang also has the bonus of being a tuner project car if you're into that as well. Another couple I'd maybe consider, the Jag Type-R's, the Volvo R series, The Vette of course, and perhaps one of the Jap "supercars." (I alsways loved the NSX looks, though power's been short for a long time.) There's a lot more stuff to look at out there.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I could've listed hundreds of cars that would be perfect fpr a mid-life crisis, but I only have 10 blanks! I'm only 25, but I'm stressed and I need a Porsche to get over it!!

How about a Lamborghini, Ferrari, Maserati, Bentley, or Rolls Royce?

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Don't insult the Boxster:thepan: ! Miata's are basically crap, but it isn't a "chick" car. If you want to see a chick car, check out the Mercedes-Benz SLK and SL lineup! If I had $55,000 to spend on a fun car, the Boxster would be at the top of my list!

·
Registered
'05 Expedition
7,651 Posts
SpeedyArizona said:
Don't insult the Boxster:thepan: ! Miata's are basically crap, but it isn't a "chick" car. If you want to see a chick car, check out the Mercedes-Benz SLK and SL lineup! If I had $55,000 to spend on a fun car, the Boxster would be at the top of my list!
Do Boxsters cost THAT much? I thought they were in the $35,000 range, STICKER price, LOADED?

I certainly wouldn't pay $55K for one.

SLK is a chick car too. I agree. I know a chick who had one.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts