Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2002 Seville STS F55, 2006 Mazda Miata
22,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Count me as one of them.

My brother bought this '93 from a NICO member for $1550. Flew to DC and drove it back 950 miles. Upon arrival, he was greeted with a charmingly ugly car (as advertised) with tons of ants (not as advertised). I LOL'd.

Bits of glass from smashed rear quarter.

Spent a couple hundred on parts.

It was missing a rear view mirror, so I went to Wal-Mart. I assume those wires go to something, probably not Onstar.

Drives perfectly. Needs cosmetic repairs, like the rear quarter window and rear glass [plastic] as well as some dents popped out, but the top keeps out the rain and the AC blows ICE cold. In the end, got an excellent deal on a solid car. Since my brother is off to Denmark for a year, I'll be driving this until he returns.

Video 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0S1ZOl4fC4

Video 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Anv9AbOUQos

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
I knew it was only a matter of time until you were back with a Nissan product!

·
Registered
'98 Buick Regal LS - '91 Caddy Seville - '87 Caddy Seville!
4,425 Posts
Please tell me you were not listening to Wilson Phillips!!!

·
Registered
1993 Seville STS
19 Posts
I doubt those wires by the rear-view are for On-Star. I'd bet that the original mirror had lights in it (since there is no roof, there is no dome light on a convert). Those wires are probably just two for power and one for ground, and one is only powered when the door is open (or when the switch for interior lights is on). The other hot is so you can use the lights as a Map Light. You should be able to find a replacement mirror with the lights in it fairly easily.

·
Registered
1979 Phaeton Coupe, 1990 Brougham d'Elegance 5.7 liter
4,416 Posts
Yes, very.

Kinda like it though, and I really want to detail it.

·
Registered
1999 STS - diamond white
5,229 Posts
Car Talk -
"I am using a pseudonym here because this question hits upon my innate fears. For the past five years I have been driving, and immensely enjoying, my convertible. I drove convertibles in my youth--a Corvair convertible (pre-air-conditioning) and British sports cars--and buying a convertible now was my "safe" midlife crisis. However, I have noticed that other convertible-drivers seem to be of the female persuasion. As a 6' 4", 260 lb. kind of guy, this has been chipping away at my self-confidence. Should I be concerned, or should I just laugh at these petite women experiencing the opposite identity crisis when driving their gargantuan Lincoln Navigators and other tanklike SUVs? Joe in Chicago"

·
Registered
1989 Sedan DeVille is now just a fond memory ....
10,429 Posts
Just laugh and enjoy your car. You are your own worst enemy. Tell your brain to step off and stop worrying about your manhood! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1979 Phaeton Coupe, 1990 Brougham d'Elegance 5.7 liter
4,416 Posts
Nobody expects to see a woman behind the wheel of a '76 Eldorado Convertible, or a '64 Mustang convertible, or a 365 Daytona, etc...

So you see what I mean, it's not the lack of a top, it's the car itself. Do you think a VW new beetle ragtop is any more girly than a hard top?

One possible exception is the 350Z convertible.. total chick car, but you see guys driving the hard tops.

·
Registered
1989 Sedan DeVille is now just a fond memory ....
10,429 Posts
How about a 6'4" 260lb guy in a bug eyed Sprite?

·
Registered
'93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED
5,929 Posts
I OWN 2 CONVERTIBLES, and will always own at least one.
Why do I look like an idiot driving it?
You want a real defination of idiot?
A woman age 36 with 1 child, age 4 driving a GMC Denali XL 4WD

·
Registered
2017 Camaro ZL1; 2011 CTS-V sedan; 2004 Lightning
12,007 Posts
Now Jesda needs a nice shirt, too.

·
Auto Enthusiast
1992 Eldorado Touring
3,688 Posts
Wow, that thing is ROUGH! For $1,550? Wow..

Sell it and buy a Infiniti M30.. hehe, that is more your style

1 - 20 of 31 Posts