Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2003 CTS
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there is a TSB for the peeling headlight problem? I am going to make a service appointment (7th in 11 months) for bad lower control arms and would like to have the headlights replaced (under warranty if possible) but my local GM dealership practically needs a phone call from the CEO of GM before they will do anything under warranty.
If there is a TSB for the peeling headlight problem, can someone link to it here so I can print out a copy to take with me to the dealership?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
CTS
1,756 Posts
Not sure if there's a TSB out there, but I had no problems getting mine replaced under warranty - the flaw should be intuitively obvious to the casual observer.

Yeah, right... Anyway, good luck!

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
2,018 Posts
Had the same issue on my V's headlights. The service manager, body manager and service writer all took a look at the lights. The SM ended up calling Cadillac or GM and they told him to replace them under warranty. Those headlights are very expensive so find a service department that will replace them under warranty. Trust me, you don't want to buy a set unless you have money to burn.

·
Registered
2004 CTS in Black
395 Posts
I showed mine to the dealer on a thursday, he called me that afternoon and told me to drop it off Saturday morning. I got there, he gave me a new escalade, I went to go get a haircut and stopped by the mall and then picked it up with new headlights all under warranty.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
03 White/Diamond CTS (sold)
1,663 Posts
a while ago there was a few of us with the same problem... my first dealership didn't want to do anything about it and said i put some kind of chemical on them and dameged them myself.... fuken moran.... anyways, i then switched to a different dealership (my story with the first/bad dealership is under the dealership review section) and the other place did it no problem......

i guess they need to care about your bussiness...

you can also do a search for the thread we had a while ago and maybe print it out and show them that others had no problems getting theirs fixed under warranty!!!

or, see if Robert has any of the eyelids left.... that is way cheaper then replacing them yourself if the dealership doesn't do it..... or try another dealership....

:eek:

--------------------------------
2006 Kawasaki Ninja 500R – FOR SALE
http://adcache.cycletrader.com/5/2/9/89481929.htm

·
Registered
Check out my CTS here: http://www.fquick.com/FL01SS
1,651 Posts
I went to two different dealership & both tried to repair them by sanding them down & reclearing them, but they both did a crappy job, so I called Caddy customer care & they called the dealership & I got my new headlights the next day.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts