Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Cadillac Deville
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I tired to find a thread about felt ceilings/upholstery that are coming off. I was surprised I didn't find one, because I have seen this problem in many old Cadillacs.

My car has a very small area where the felt upholstery is beginning to peel off from the wall. I'm wondering how I can repair this before it gets any worse. Anyone had any experience fixing this problem?

Thanks!
Bean

·
Registered
1990 Cadillac sedan devile
616 Posts
best bet take it out and replace it .Because as i found out no matter what you do it all fall over time. And depending on the color you might be able to find the head liner at a fabric store and for the glue i had good luck with the permatex body shop stuff

·
Registered
Deville
54 Posts
Visit ww.keystonbros.com, they have an exceptional amount of ulpholstery choices. I purchased their Ultrasuede in moca and their Streetsuede in moca as well. Same color but each material serves a different purpose according to its use. Their headliner material is available with foam-backing, 1/4 or 1/8 thickness, I chose 1/8inch. Buy atleast 3 cans of their headliner adhesive and make sure to cover it completely, let sit for 5-7min,(i used hairdryer to speed up the process. DO NOT let glue soak thru...i did and with carefull precision used acetone and alcohol to remove protruding glue. This was all done to my 02 deville. Redid pillars a, b, and c as well as headliner and doors.
Awesome outcome.

·
Registered
1997 Deville Base, 1992 Buick Roadmaster Limited
89 Posts
Most of the time this problem can be avoided. Never clean the headliner unless absolutely necessary. Don't use any harsh chemicals or let them soak in. Also don't scrub. My '92 buick's headliner looks perfect and its never been replaced.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts