Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T AWD
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changed mine today (1st time) at 107,856 miles. It was clean, but I'm not really surprised. It needed it, if nothing else just to get new plastic in there. The old PCV valve was quite brittle. I have changed my oil faithfully since day one, always using full synthetic 5w-30. I never let the oil percentage get below 20%. These engines and all their components LOVE clean oil.

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0T 6M Premium
71 Posts
Is there a scheduled change interval for the PCV on this car? I don't see it in the manual. However in looking for it I found 2 other things I need to tend to!

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T AWD
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does it pop off? I need to change the hose but I’m intimidated by taking the hose off the turbo.
I wish it would just 'pop' off. I had to break it with cutting pliers to get it off the hose, then pry it out of its hole. Be careful not to damage the engine valve cover. A piece of the O-ring fell inside but luckily I was able to retrieve it. Whew!

·
Registered
2013 ATS 2.0T AWD
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is there a scheduled change interval for the PCV on this car? I don't see it in the manual. However in looking for it I found 2 other things I need to tend to!
I didn't find any scheduled maintenance listing anywhere either. I just figured it was time after 108k miles. The old one was still ok but I also do 95% highway driving so less chance for gunk up from oil. I also have changed my oil between 6,000-7000k miles.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts