Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While replacing my valve covers to go back to my correct coil packs, the rubber elbow broke on PCV dirty air line at the manifold... how do people normally service that fitting? Remove intake? Remove power steering pump? Alldata says to pull the power steering pump... what a pain this project is turning into!

·
-Administrator- 2002.5 F55 STS 2014 FWD Explorer
66,638 Posts
The best way to replace that elbow is to remove the intake manifold. PITA. It can be done by removing the p/s pump and working with long needlenose pliers. No matter how you do it, it's a chore.

The elbow itself can be found on the (do you have them?) HELP! racks at large parts stores.

Here's your vacuum system diagram ....... Your PCV "valve" may be the later fixed orifice - not removable or cleanable.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We do have the “Help” displays here, that are just retail packed parts from Dorman...
I have the lines on my old engine, and noticed the throttle body end of the clean air hose has a similar elbow and it’s in good shape, so I was going to try it? Is it easier to pull the intake? My coolant bottle is already out and I have the pump pulley puller

·
-Administrator- 2002.5 F55 STS 2014 FWD Explorer
66,638 Posts
The intake, out and in, takes maybe 1.5 hours with beer break. And you get to replace (do it) the intake/throttlebody connector plenum, a known source of sudden vacuum leaks.

Disconnect the fuel rail, work the injectors out of the ports, check the FPR nipple for raw gas. Use drops of engine oil on the injector O-rings at assembly.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
86,165 Posts
Short cut - disconnect the fuel line and injector connectors and remove the manifold with the fuel rail in place.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts