Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
SEVILLE STS/SLS
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I havent posted in a long while and thank the board for my past birthday wishes!
Her goes....
I have a beautiful 94 seville sls that has a completely new suspension from wheel hums to struts to tie rod ends to swaybar bushings and everything in between. I started getting a "engine hot" message with the related cylinder cutouts with the engine being at operating temperature and no overheat.
Changed the water pump, thermostat, temp coolant sensor, etc and it went away until one day i went over a minor bump & got the same message for a second (still with the car at normal temp). I took out the pcm and put my prom in a new one thinking that it could solve the problem, but got a lot of crazy codes. I put the replacement prom in the replacement pcm and things settled a bit (fewer codes).
I am AT THE POINT WHERE I NEED A CHART OF VIN SPECIFIC PCM VALUES SO I CAN GO THROUGH THEM ONE AT A TIME. I WILL PUT THE ORIGINAL PCM BACK IN FIRST. I need a factory vin file of values if one exists.
I will pay if it is for real-thats how frustrating it is for me at this point.
I cant be the first guy to go through this, and if I am, somebody give me an aspirin and an award!

·
Registered
SEVILLE STS/SLS
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What is FSM? will alldatadiy truly have these values as vin specific or is it a try?

----------

Can I pay someone with an account to pull the info (if its there) rather than me trying after I pay to subscribe?

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,278 Posts
What is FSM? will alldatadiy truly have these values as vin specific or is it a try?

----------

Can I pay someone with an account to pull the info (if its there) rather than me trying after I pay to subscribe?
===============================
What is FSM?
Factory Service Manual -

will alldatadiy truly have these values as vin specific or is it a try?
I can't imagine ANY publication having "VIN specific" parameters -
unless you are referring the the various engine codes within the VIN -

the FSM lists all the OBD-1 parameters -
along with the acceptable range -

the FSM is a 2-volume set - and you need both books -
best place to find it is ebay -
right now - $89 with shipping -
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1994-Cadillac-DeVille-Eldorado-Seville-Concours-service-shop-dealer-manual-/361263942086?hash=item541d0249c6&vxp=mtr

AllData is the on-line version of the FSM -

·
Registered
SEVILLE STS/SLS
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I already have the three volumes of the factory service manual, but it does not have the parameters listed anywhere as far as I can see. If there is a section of the book that has them and I am overlooking it, please direct me to it. By the way, I HAVE A DUPLICATE VOLUME 11 OF THE 94 SEVILLE/DEVILLE IF ANYONE NEEDS IT.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,489 Posts
I believe the ECM programming is patented, proprietary information and it is not published anywhere that I have seen. Your early ECM, quite different from later models, can be "tuned" by several companies. Try to contact Wester's Garage in Canada for info.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,788 Posts
I am AT THE POINT WHERE I NEED A CHART OF VIN SPECIFIC PCM VALUES SO I CAN GO THROUGH THEM ONE AT A TIME. I WILL PUT THE ORIGINAL PCM BACK IN FIRST. I need a factory vin file of values if one exists.
I guess I am not clear on exactly what you mean by this.

You can use the onboard diagnostics to get engine "parameters", but if you are looking for something that is not in the FSM, I think you are out of luck as Sub said.

·
Registered
SEVILLE STS/SLS
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Westers only goes back to 96, i tried them first.

----------

I need the values that are recommended within said parameters for each sensor listed in the diagnostic.

----------

Sorry about the caps lock. The acceptable parameters and preferred values within said parameters is what I am looking for. Would GM keep such a record?

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,278 Posts
Westers only goes back to 96, i tried them first.

----------

I need the values that are recommended within said parameters for each sensor listed in the diagnostic.

----------

Sorry about the caps lock. The acceptable parameters and preferred values within said parameters is what I am looking for. Would GM keep such a record?
==========================
the parameter information should be right after code definitions -

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,788 Posts
I think that is in the FSM. Look in the onboard diagnostic explanation. It gives the reading and acceptable range for each parameter when in DATA mode.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts