Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Seville SLS
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have had a SES light on for a while that keeps giving me a PCM 0741 Current code. I have reset it to no avail. Today I noticed that my car seems to surge while driving at constant speeds. I can notice it but the tach doesn't really fluctuate much. Now I am also getting a PCM 1860 Current code too.

I have searched the forums and it looks like the TCC solenoid needs to be replaced. What concerns me is the surging part. I don't have any other current codes and I don't see the characteristic in the other 0741/1860 code threads. The car has 76,000 on it and I have had the tranny fluid and filter changed a few months back. Any ideas before I go to the tranny shop?

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,101 Posts
It is possible that the TCC is trying to function - drive the car at a constant 50 mph if possible and observe the tachometer - does the engine rpm vary up and down by about 300 rpm ? If so, that's the TCC malfunction. Either a LONG day with the car up in the air and you on a wheeled stool, or GOOD repair shop time - please, not AAMCO or such.

·
Registered
2001 Seville SLS
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just wanted to update this thread in case it can be of use to anyone else.

I took my car into a local shop that I trust and has worked on my vehicles before. One mention of the make/model and he rattled off two or three PCM codes, two of which matched my car. Anyways he found that the TCC solenoid was shot along with two seals in the transmission. He replaced the seals, the solenoid, and also a bad engine mount that he found. My total cost was $700 so that was much better then the $1500+ I had heard of others paying.

I have been running the car for a good six weeks or so and no problems with the transmission/codes since. The RPMs are back to the proper level at speed and no more SES light.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts