Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac Deville 1990
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me to find the location of these parts in a 1990 deville??
I`ve searched around a bit, and concluded that some parts may be under the dash on the pasanger side, but not sure?

I`m getting a "F32" error code, and after searching for a while, I believe that indicates a data transfer problem..so I`m hoping to track down most of the wires, or some anyway, to see if any thing is amis?

Here`s the info I`ve found on the net (this was a responce to someone with a 1992 Deville)...does this sound correct? or posible anyway?

"F32"=BCM-ECM data transfer problem. Things to check: all wiring
connections to/from BCM, connections to/from ECM. Can also mean a
faulty CalPak in ECM, and/or faulty BCM/ECM. Check for Open or Short to
Ground in ckt #491(Orn wire), check for Open or Short to Ground in ckt
#526(Brn wire). Loss of power or ground to the ECM will cause
intermittent engine operation.
Check all battery wiring to the BCM/ECM for bad connections, faulty
wires, corrosion etc.".

Thanks..
AL

·
Registered
30 Posts
i have the same problem and a little more . f32 error . replaced ecm and bcm from working car . cant get engine to crank to know if ti works . the f32 is still there . everything seems to be fine when key is turned on . lights dash etc etc . the fuel is flashing a 0 as empty . key should be ok since it makes bong sound when plugged in and climate control center seems to work fine . any advice would be greatly appreciated since the factory manual wants you to run craploads of tests . eliminating them by knowing what i have and dont have would be3 nice to know .

thanks
jocko777

·
Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
8,698 Posts
Al hasn't posted in 6 years, so you likely will not get a response.
Be sure to check posting dates and user activity when reading through threads.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts