Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
02 Seville, 04 SRX
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All of my Northstars (other than the SRX) have done this to some extent. When you get on the gas hard from about 10 mph, there is a slight delay before the car starts to scream. Is this true with all the N*s or does it mean the throttle body is dirty? The Deville I rented while in Vegas only had 7K on it and it had the worst delay out of any Northstar I have driven.

·
Registered
2010 Cadillac Premium AWD CTS
710 Posts
I have had the same thing happen on my 97 SLS, I had the throttle body cleaned and it still does it. I too would like to know if it is normal or not?

David

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,052 Posts
:thumbsup: Not only is the transmission (possibly) downshifting, but there is also no "accelerator pump" in a fuel injection system which would supply an immediate healthy rich gas shot to the manifold in order to cover the sudden air velocity drop when the butterfly (ies) slam open. Yes, the system goes rich, but not like a shot of solid fuel. FI acceleration is a dance between feathering in the throttle and slamming it WOT. (The lag is even worse with larger throttlebodies on small engines.........) You're launching from a dead slow condition....a FI drag machine is already turning upwards of 4-5000 rpm when the torque convertor or clutch drops.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,052 Posts
Yes.........do a dance between the first 3 gears, gas pedal, and a little brake to get some rpm before rollout......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts