Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2013 ctsv
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got off the phone with Danny giannini .. he told me that the whining noise i heard from my rear end is normal for stick shift cars..
then i told him i was reading on the forums of alot of people experiencing problems with there rears !!! he then said i don't give a damm about the forums!!!! got any advice

·
Registered
'09 V BR 4dr 6spd,'05 C6R 1400+HP, '05 V BEST EVA!!
2,660 Posts

·
Registered
04 CTS SPORT/LUX W/NAVI LIGHT PLATINUM ON BLACK- COOL MODS!
1,313 Posts
If this is the Paul Conte dealer in Long Island, you may want to try North Bay Cadillac. They are very good. Whatever you do, just avoid City cadillac in L.I.C.

·
Registered
2013 ctsv
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
King Orourke Cadillac just made an appointment with them going on Tuesday god damm 60 mile trip

·
Registered
37,297 Posts
i say wait till it starts leaking. some people have replaced their whining, non-leaking, differentials, only to get a brand new, quiet and leaking differential.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Go to North Bay Cadillac and ask to speak with Greg in the service department. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
CTS-V SERIES
700 Posts
i live in brooklyn ny any place good around here that cares
Dude you live in BROOKLYN?! Me Too. I just got a new rear from "Brogan Cadillac" in New Jersey. Their dealership is like a castle... Its not a shit hole like Kristal. They know what their doing. Mine was leakng too and whining so they changed it. Go to Brogan Cadillac, the reviews are better and i'm telling you their much better then anyother dealer in N.Y. People in N.Y. don't care about car they just do what they have to to fix them and don't take their time. But i would wait and hold off on the rear end, because now i go easy with my new rear end and dont chirp gears or anything. I should of waited until it got worst. So my advice to you is wait until it's bad.

·
Registered
CTS V
69 Posts
You won't be sorry using King O'rourke. I go there for everything with my mods. They replaced my rear under warranty the only thing they did was charge me 100.00 to remove and reinstall the aftermarket exhaust I have. I probably could have argued that bill but I figured that it was better than buying the rear myself, worth it to me.

Craig

·
Registered
674 Posts
You won't be sorry using King O'rourke. I go there for everything with my mods. They replaced my rear under warranty the only thing they did was charge me 100.00 to remove and reinstall the aftermarket exhaust I have. I probably could have argued that bill but I figured that it was better than buying the rear myself, worth it to me.

Craig
It's true that King O'Rourke will replace it, even with the mods -- and I have headers and a tune as well as an aftermarket exhaust. They didn't even charge me for the Magnaflow removal. They replaced my diff a couple of months ago. Three hours after picking up my car, I got a check engine light. Three days later, I broke down and had to be towed to a dealership. The 2 dealers within the 25 mile free tow area was Paul Conte (LOL) and North Bay. North Bay fixed my ride and I couldn't be happier. They said asked me who did the rear replacement -- cause it was done improperly. The check engine light was also caused by them because when they reinstalled the exhaust improperly as well. The code thrown related to the right bank O2 sensor rubbing against something underneath the car.

Maybe the mechanic was having a bad day when they worked on my ride. I only brought it there cause I heard they were a mod friendly dealership and they did good work. My service dept of choice is North Bay. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2013 ATS / 2016 ATS-V
552 Posts
How bad would you say the whine is? I just got a new rear and it whines from 60-70 under acceleration , Im hoping some sound deadner will help??

·
Registered
2013 ctsv
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
update !!!!! just called to see if my car was ready cause they said they will replace the bushings only ..to my surprise they said they ordered the rear diff .
what do u think changed there mind?... maybe cause i called caddy headquarters and complained

·
Registered
674 Posts
That could have done it. I know a couple of other members that called HQ and then got results from Paul Conte.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Dude you live in BROOKLYN?! Me Too. I just got a new rear from "Brogan Cadillac" in New Jersey. Their dealership is like a castle... Its not a shit hole like Kristal. They know what their doing. Mine was leakng too and whining so they changed it. Go to Brogan Cadillac, the reviews are better and i'm telling you their much better then anyother dealer in N.Y. People in N.Y. don't care about car they just do what they have to to fix them and don't take their time. But i would wait and hold off on the rear end, because now i go easy with my new rear end and dont chirp gears or anything. I should of waited until it got worst. So my advice to you is wait until it's bad.
Don't tell me that's the Brogan in Ridgewood.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts