Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
None
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a question...I have set up the passive unlock and lock.

The passive lock works after I stepped away from the vehicle. But, it doesn't unlock when I'm close by...is there a trick to this? Isn't it supposed to automatically unlock if I'm close by?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
FirstEsv said:
Got a question...I have set up the passive unlock and lock. The passive lock works after I stepped away from the vehicle. But, it doesn't unlock when I'm close by...is there a trick to this? Isn't it supposed to automatically unlock if I'm close by? Thanks.
I didn't know about the passive unlock. Even my Range Rover Sport and GLK you still have to put your hand close to the door handle to activate it. Did you try it?

·
Registered
None
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't know about the passive unlock. Even my Range Rover Sport and GLK you still have to put your hand close to the door handle to activate it. Did you try it?
Tried that, it doesn't unlock, I have to actually press on the button on the door handle to unlock it.

·
Registered
18 LEXUS LX, 17 Rav4, 15 Escalade ESV, 14 Mercedes, had Vette, 2Cadis, T-B & Chevy
1,041 Posts
Maybe passive unlock is something they planned on but have not yet implemented or turned on.

Remember the foot under the rear gate only opened and did not close in the first round of the 2015's.
in the second round they activated the foot under the rear gate to close the rear tailgate of the 2015i's.

I think all the tech is there but a SW switch has to be set somewhere.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
zerdian1 said:
Maybe passive unlock is something they planned on but have not yet implemented or turned on. Remember the foot under the rear gate only opened and did not close in the first round of the 2015's. in the second round they activated the foot under the rear gate to close the rear tailgate of the 2015i's. I think all the tech is there but a SW switch has to be set somewhere.
I don't know about the closing?

·
Registered
2015i Escalade Premium
408 Posts
Passive unlock on this vehicle means........ If you are close to the door ( and have the fob in your pocket ) and push the button, it will unlock..... no fob in pocket it will not unlock.
Notice i said "this vehicle" because it differs from one manufactuer to the other!

·
Registered
None
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess I'm unclear...I thought the passive lock and unlock is similar...passive lock, walk away, the car will lock itself within 5 seconds, passive unlock, come close to the car with the FOB in your key, and the car will unlock itself..what's the point of setting up the passive unlock if I still have to press the button to unlock?

·
Registered
18 LEXUS LX, 17 Rav4, 15 Escalade ESV, 14 Mercedes, had Vette, 2Cadis, T-B & Chevy
1,041 Posts
I agree

I guess I'm unclear...I thought the passive lock and unlock is similar...passive lock, walk away, the car will lock itself within 5 seconds, passive unlock, come close to the car with the FOB in your key, and the car will unlock itself..what's the point of setting up the passive unlock if I still have to press the button to unlock?

·
Registered
Escalade ESV
391 Posts
Well, you don't have to fumble for the FOB in your pocket or purse, and then try to find the right button in the dark. That's a bit easier...

·
Registered
2015i Escalade Premium
408 Posts

As stated by someone......passive LOCK is exactly as you would think.....walk away and the car locks itself. Passive UNLOCK means ....walk near the car, touch the button ON THE DOOR handle and the car will unlock...no fob in pocket and the car stays locked, a bit more secure than just walking up to or by the car and having it unlock....also, if you use the passive unlock process the vehicle recognizes it is you as soon as you push the door handle button and prepares the vehicle to move the seat and other memory set functions as soon as you open the door.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
That is not passive unlock.
Using the button (active unlock), and pulling the door handle is active open.

·
Registered
2012 SRX Performance FWD
1,599 Posts
According to the manual:

Passive Door Unlock
This allows the selection of what
doors will unlock when using the
button on the driver door to unlock
the vehicle.
Select All Doors or Driver Door

So they are not consistent with the use of the word "passive" lol.

·
Registered
2015i Escalade Premium
408 Posts
OK...this is nuts...lets not get carried too far:yup: "Passive" is exactly what "adamjeeps" just posted......it means the car recognizes the presence or absence of the fob! If you have the fob, it will allow you to touch the door handle and open the door! No fob ....... you "ain't getting in!!!":thehand:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts