Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Theres a trim peice around it that sets atop of the armrest portion of the door panel. I tryed to pop it up and look at the switch but its stubborn.
Trying not to take to whole door panel off to fix the switch....is that possible ?
Passenger window goes up but not down on the door switch...goes up fine on the driver controled switch...Searched this forum but no luck...any help is appreciated !

Mark

·
Registered
Cadillac
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Theres a trim peice that incorporates the little change tray and the switch....rounded on the corners. When I pry it up it sure seems to be attached somehow from underneath. I would love to tug a little harder but if it is held in with nuts or something it'll obviously break.:thepan:

Im sure someone has conquer'd it and will chime in...:alchi:

Mark

·
Registered
2003 CTS
2,339 Posts
Theres a trim peice that incorporates the little change tray and the switch....rounded on the corners. When I pry it up it sure seems to be attached somehow from underneath. I would love to tug a little harder but if it is held in with nuts or something it'll obviously break.:thepan:

Im sure someone has conquer'd it and will chime in...:alchi:

Mark
i have been apart of a thread on here before talking about this problem...have not come up with a fix yet. i have disconnected the battery, pulled fuses, relays trying to reset something...nothing has fixed the problem.

Mark,
here is a link to one on ebay, check out the pictures. are you trying to remove the passenger side or drivers? the entire piece may have to come out from the "underside" of the door panel.

I guess the link would help:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-03-Cadillac-CTS-Master-Power-Window-Switch-OEM-LKQ-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2c5575bb95QQitemZ190412340117QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

·
Registered
Cadillac
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That looks like the drivers side version of what Im trying to pop up so I can get a look at the underside of the switch itself.
I left the window down a bit on a rainy nite about the time the issue started with the switch...so Im hoping some contact cleaner on the switch contacts might resolve it.

Of course I cant get this panel out of the door panel hence this thread. LOL

Im confident someone here has gotten it out without removing the whole door panel...........?:worship:

Mark

·
Registered
2003 CTS
2,339 Posts
yeah, as soon as i logged on this morning, i READ the name of the thread again to notice you had PASSENGER in the title. I hate it whne i do that. question, do your 2 back windows act the same way? meaning, you can roll up once they are rolled down from the driver main switch?
or is it only your passenger? because my issue is with passenger front and BOTH rear windows.

·
Registered
Cadillac
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All windows and switches work fine...except the front passenger window will go up but not down with the passenger door switch...and works fine off the driver door switch.
It the rocker switch on the passenger door so thats why Im trying to get at it. (but without removing the whole door panel)

Mark

·
Registered
Cadillac
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Somebody musta had a door panel off before and looked behind it and can tell me if this part comes out without removing the panel or not...come on guys. Help ! Is the switch part of the plastic part or a seperate item BTW?

Thanks for any input.

Mark

·
Registered
2003 CTS
2,339 Posts
just popped my passenger door panel off right quick. 2 metal tabs on either end and molded tabs on the side. easiest access is with the panel off. i can try to upload this photo in a minute
looks like you can change switches also

Attachments

·
Registered
Cadillac
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When I blow that photo up it appears it should pop out with a bit of a pull....based on those spring clips on either end. :D

Mark

1 - 12 of 12 Posts