Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2005 ESV Platinum Edition and the Heat/Air is not working one the front side passenger seat. When I push the controls on the dash all the lights come on like it is working but the seat never warms up or gets cold. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Is there a fuse for the actual seat or can there be a problem with the wiring? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2004 Escalade ESV Platimun
4 Posts
I know there is a fuse under the dash above the drivers pedal. There are 4 20 amp fuses which I assume is one per seat. I have the same problem, If I figure it out I will let you know.

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
Guys there is a filter for the fan intake for the heated/cooled seats on the platinium package
If it's dusty(which it likely is) it will impede the fan performance and the system won't work like it should
It's located on the bottom of the seat and is hard to miss

Now if the lights cut off seconds after you press the button then you have a different problem

·
Registered
2008 Escalde ESV
5 Posts
Guys there is a filter for the fan intake for the heated/cooled seats on the platinium package
If it's dusty(which it likely is) it will impede the fan performance and the system won't work like it should
It's located on the bottom of the seat and is hard to miss

Now if the lights cut off seconds after you press the button then you have a different problem
Any idea how to access the filter? I don't see one? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
2008 Escalde ESV
5 Posts
It's should have a access panel on the intake
Thanks I'll check it out. I have another question you may know the answer too. All of my seats work Heat and Cool except for the front passenger seat. No lights when I select it. I tried replacing the whole switch in the dash and same thing.
I pulled the fuses above the gas pedal with no luck. The harness under the seat looks to be secure and in great shape. Any other ideas?

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
RSchultz said:
Thanks I'll check it out. I have another question you may know the answer too. All of my seats work Heat and Cool except for the front passenger seat. No lights when I select it. I tried replacing the whole switch in the dash and same thing. I pulled the fuses above the gas pedal with no luck. The harness under the seat looks to be secure and in great shape. Any other ideas?
I would get a multi meter and probe the seat harness for a open circuit
I think if a warmer element is bad the whole seat system won't work(could be wrong though)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts