Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone give me any suggestions as to what i should check on my vehicle? I have a 2011 Escalade Platinum and the front passenger seat reclining function of the power seats aren't working properly. All the other functions such as heated/cooling, front/back adjustment and lumbar support all work, just not the reclining function. It will recline down but it will not recline back up. Has anyone else had this issue and found a fix? I called the my local dealership and they already quoted me a $650 repair just over the phone without even having a look at it. Also, is there any way where i can manually bypass the motor just to move the seat to an upright position temporarily? Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can anyone give me any suggestions as to what i should check on my vehicle? I have a 2011 Escalade Platinum and the front passenger seat reclining function of the power seats aren't working properly. All the other functions such as heated/cooling, front/back adjustment and lumbar support all work, just not the reclining function. It will recline down but it will not recline back up. Has anyone else had this issue and found a fix? I called the my local dealership and they already quoted me a $650 repair just over the phone without even having a look at it. Also, is there any way where i can manually bypass the motor just to move the seat to an upright position temporarily? Any help would be much appreciated.
Hey, were you able to fix this issue? I have the same exact problem and I’ve been looking everywhere of where I can fix it, or if someone had the same issue, and you’re the first I see.

What did you end up doing?

·
Registered
7 Posts
check the connector under the seat. Mine had a burned pin and I had to jumper the connector....I think it is quite common.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey, were you able to fix this issue? I have the same exact problem and I’ve been looking everywhere of where I can fix it, or if someone had the same issue, and you’re the first I see.

What did you end up doing?
I just replaced the power seat switch and it ALL WORKS now!!! Yippee for me, a tennis-playing housewife.

Here's a link to the video I watched and bought the part from:

Hope it works for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts