Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Escalade V8 6.0
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just purchased a used 2002 Escalade V8 6.0.

Found out that the following are out/not working:

-Passenger side driving light
-Entire right side(passenger) section of 3rd brake light out
-Lighter/power socket not working (under stereo)

Since I'm new to the vehicle, I would like to know if these are possibly all connected before I start digging in and spending money on parts. I've seen that the entire 3rd brake light bar is expensive.

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
They are not connected to each other

The console outlet is on a fuse labeled cigar

I would check the bulbs first before probing the wiring on the passenger brake and tail light

----------

I forgot to mention in order to remove the taillight housing to replace the bulbs first you will need to open the hatch then you will see two Phillips screws
Remove them and the housing will be free from the truck

·
Registered
28 Posts
The front head lights have 2 pins that hold them in. Its very easy to remove the lights and replace the bulbs.

Not sure if the 3rd brake light is serviceable?

·
Registered
2002 Escalade V8 6.0
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both.

You were correct, the fuse labeled "cigar" 15A fixed the cigarette lighter socket. :)

I figured out how to access the front daytime driving bulbs and will change them as soon as I can.

Lastly, I removed the 3rd brake lamp and inspected it. Reinstalled and right side was still dim, but more than I had before. I tapped lightly on top and it lit fully. :) I'm assuming there is a short inside, but like you said I don't believe it is serviceable.

Thanks again to both of you.

·
Registered
2001 DTS, 2005 Mustang GT, 2010 MINI S
1,121 Posts
Escalade third brake light.....they can be rebuilt with warranty. See...

http://www.ledfix.com

Hard to find...they get hit by garage doors all the time.

Only 3 screws hold the lamp on (suv). 1 or 2 screws will fall out. Then...the lamp will sit there like a hot dog in a bun...till you go to the car wash and it
gets torn off. Destroyed..

Multiple areas inside the lamps will develop cracks. So only buy a used one if you want to see the same exact problem again...and again...and again...

New? Pony up your credit card. That is what they really want anyway.

30 years ago you could buy a bulb at the local Shell gas station for $2. Now they want $450.

Some dealers actually tell people to get a interest-free credit card so they can buy the new one.

It's your money...

·
Registered
2002 Escalade V8 6.0
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi,

I completely agree, and do not plan on paying what they want me to. I will end up going the ledfix way when it comes time to have to.

As I stated, I tapped the top of the light and it lit up completely. It was missing the left screw, and was only being held on by the center and right.

I moved the center screw left to give it more stability and at the time it is staying lit all of the way.

In regards to the driver light, it was not due to the 3rd brake light at all. The bulb was simply blown. I noticed both sides (driver & passenger) side driving light sockets were burnt and very fragile. Will be replacing them soon. Found on Amazon for $17 each.

Thanks to you both for your input. Very much appreciated.

·
Registered
2002 Escalade V8 6.0
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Go with leds in the drls and you won't have a problem with the sockets again
I did and am glad I did
What does this take to do? Obviously replacing the old burnt sockets, but are the new sockets the same ones?

Do you have the part numbers of the sockets & bulbs you used? I have an 2002.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
KINNEY0201 said:
What does this take to do? Obviously replacing the old burnt sockets, but are the new sockets the same ones? Do you have the part numbers of the sockets & bulbs you used? I have an 2002. Thanks!!
Sockets are the same
You just need led bulbs that are 3156 or3157 socket both will work
I got mine from here http://www.autolumination.com/3157_3156.htm

I have the osram 50watt equivalent in my drl'a and 80 watt equivalent in my back up lights
They are bright and work great
My back up lights light up my whole yard at night when they are on

·
Registered
2002 Escalade V8 6.0
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sockets are the same
You just need led bulbs that are 3156 or3157 socket both will work
I got mine from here http://www.autolumination.com/3157_3156.htm

I have the osram 50watt equivalent in my drl'a and 80 watt equivalent in my back up lights
They are bright and work great
My back up lights light up my whole yard at night when they are on
Awesome! I'm checking them out right now.

Do you used LED's anywhere else or just on the driving lights and back up lights?

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
KINNEY0201 said:
Awesome! I'm checking them out right now. Do you used LED's anywhere else or just on the driving lights and back up lights?
I have fully changed the truck over inside and out to leds except my front blinkers(got the bulbs just need the flasher unit)
They work great just remember to remove the plastic lens on them before putting them in the truck or they will haze over in no time

·
Registered
2002 Escalade V8 6.0
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have fully changed the truck over inside and out to leds except my front blinkers(got the bulbs just need the flasher unit)
They work great just remember to remove the plastic lens on them before putting them in the truck or they will haze over in no time
This will be the first time I've used LED's. Is the plastic lens obvious? Is it a mod, or does it tell you to remove anyway? I ordered today so won't have until Monday or so.

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
KINNEY0201 said:
This will be the first time I've used LED's. Is the plastic lens obvious? Is it a mod, or does it tell you to remove anyway? I ordered today so won't have until Monday or so.
Ah no problem

It is obvious and if you don't remove it it will cloud over due to the uv from the sun
The end with the fisheye lens is removable and will allow you to remove the lens with ease as it unscrews from the bulb

·
Registered
2002 Escalade V8 6.0
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi,

I meant to ask, does anyone know the part number for the 3rd brake light retaining screws? There are supposed to be 3 of them on the 2002, but I am missing one and wanted to pick one up.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
KINNEY0201 said:
Hi, I meant to ask, does anyone know the part number for the 3rd brake light retaining screws? There are supposed to be 3 of them on the 2002, but I am missing one and wanted to pick one up. Thanks in advance!
You can get one from any ace hardware(or any hardware store) just take one of the old ones and match it up

1 - 18 of 18 Posts