Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to turn the passenger airbag off? My rescue rides with me sometimes and sits up front. I don't want the airbag hitting her if I hit something. Thanks

·
Registered
2010 SRX
188 Posts
Although I'm not certain, I believe this is illegal and no dealer or independent would do it for fear of liability in case of a serious injury or death.

·
Registered
'14 SRX4 Perf., Crystal Red Shale/Brownstone, DAP, spare
758 Posts
Although I'm not certain, I believe this is illegal and no dealer or independent would do it for fear of liability in case of a serious injury or death.
I believe this is a federal regulation (verboten to defeat a safety device).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a VW bug 2007 that has a feature to disable the passenger airbag. Maybe the regulation came after that? I will just have to tell my rescue pup to stay in the back!

·
Registered
2019 AWD XT4 Sport in Horizon Red
838 Posts
Don't new vehicles have some kind of weight sensor in the passenger seat for that kind of thing?

·
Registered
'14 SRX4 Perf., Crystal Red Shale/Brownstone, DAP, spare
758 Posts
Don't new vehicles have some kind of weight sensor in the passenger seat for that kind of thing?
They do but some are so sensitive that a briefcase, purse or even a heavy book can enable the air bag. Most owner's manuals that I've seen recently recommend not putting anything on the front seat because of this.

From the '14 SRX manual:

The on indicator may be lit if an
object, such as a briefcase,
handbag, grocery bag, laptop,
or other electronic device, is put on
an unoccupied seat. If this is not
desired, remove the object from
the seat.

·
Registered
2013 SRX FWD Performance - Xenon Blue / Shale-Brownstone
296 Posts
Does anyone know how to turn the passenger airbag off? My rescue rides with me sometimes and sits up front. I don't want the airbag hitting her if I hit something. Thanks
It is not safe for any pet to ride in the front seat, that's what the cargo area is for.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts