Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1993 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says. I started having trouble starting my car awhile ago, would happen randomly where the car would do nothing at all other than the first part of turning the key (electronics and such) but would eventually start if I sat there a few minutes. Tried the spare key hoping it was just the keys chip but same problem. Pass Key Fault would randomly show up even when I was driving but never affected the car while it was running.

Any idea what the problem is? How easy is it to fix?

·
Registered
84 Coupe w/500
5,665 Posts
On the mid 90s front wheel drive cars, its usually the chip reader. It sits just inside the ignition cylinder. Not sure if its the same for your car. Unfortunately, I don't think there is much you can do to diagnose the problem without the fancy computers that the shops have. I could be wrong though. I thought someone posted a way to bypass this by jumping a wire in the passenger kick panel.

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre, 1994 DeVille
6,796 Posts
Search for pass key or vats here in the forum. Its usually a problem with the little wires that go to the ignition switch and you can bypass it with the right size resistor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts