Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Party Foul!!

1018 Views 9 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  dkozloski
:annoyed: Sup guys!! So last night Im smokin a cig in my 03 CTS and I messed up bad! I went to ash and I caught the A pillar (the pillar by the windshield). It burned the sh*t out of my A pillar and sent coals everywhere. It also burned my finger pretty good as well as my floor mat. The floor mat is not an issue. Whats the best way to get the A pillar fixed?? Im thinking salvage yard and just get a whole new one. How hard is it to replace? SHould I just take it to an upholstery shop? I have the cashmere interior. Heres a pic:

:thepan: :thepan: :thepan: :banghead: :banghead: :annoyed: :bonkers:

Thanks in advance for any help guys!
See less See more
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
I can't figure out why people still smoke in this day and age.
just lou said:
I can't figure out why people still smoke in this day and age.
what I cant figure out is why people smoke in nice cars. I'll see some rich lady driving a new Mercedes just smoking in it, I saw some guy driving a newer S 600 and he was smoking a cigar.
The pillar is just a cover and is held on by one screw behind the Air Bag cap. The cap just pops off. It shouldn't be an expensive part at all.

No smoking in the CTS from now on!
You think your A pillar looks bad as a result of your smoking? Dont make me post pictures of what its doing to your teeth!!!
http://www.gmgoodwrench.com/accesso...detail=05_GMC_CAN_SMO_51&sid=8931510242853365
If you wernt attempting to litter your cig out the window this woudent have happened, sweet justice. :suspect:
I don't think smoking is the issue here. The guy just wants to know how to fix/replace the pillar. I don't think he needs any more parents.
DDS rollin a CTS said:
You think your A pillar looks bad as a result of your smoking? Dont make me post pictures of what its doing to your teeth!!!
Let him go Doc. Sell him a whitening kit:yup: I don't know if you can help his lungs.:eek:

I recommend ordering a new one and installing it yourself.
nickc50310 said:
:annoyed: Sup guys!! So last night Im smokin a cig in my 03 CTS and I messed up bad! I went to ash and I caught the A pillar (the pillar by the windshield). It burned the sh*t out of my A pillar and sent coals everywhere. It also burned my finger pretty good as well as my floor mat. The floor mat is not an issue. Whats the best way to get the A pillar fixed?? Im thinking salvage yard and just get a whole new one. How hard is it to replace? SHould I just take it to an upholstery shop? I have the cashmere interior. Heres a pic:

:thepan: :thepan: :thepan: :banghead: :banghead: :annoyed: :bonkers:

Thanks in advance for any help guys!
Cover it with one of those 'No Smoking' decals :poke:

-GT
Many years ago, Al Wright was flying some passengers in his old gull wing Stinson Reliant airplane that was covered with cotton fabric painted with nitro-cellulose dope. One of the passengers lost the fire off his cigarette and it rolled across the floor and down a hole into the belly. Very shortly the aircraft was seriously on fire. Anyone who has disassembled a firearm cartridge and lit the powder on fire with a match knows how fast nitro-cellulose burns. They went over the little town of Nenana, Alaska and the people on the ground described it as "looking like a comet". Al flew the plane with one hand and covered the passangers with a handy sleeping bag with the other to try to protect them as he headed for the town airstrip. They made it to the ground without injury but the last fifty feet or so there was no fabric left on the fuselage at all and very little left on the flying surfaces. That was the last time anyone smoked in any kind of a vehicle with him. I absolutely guaranty this story is true.
See less See more
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top