Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Customized black on tan 3.6L CTS
5,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:annoyed: Sup guys!! So last night Im smokin a cig in my 03 CTS and I messed up bad! I went to ash and I caught the A pillar (the pillar by the windshield). It burned the sh*t out of my A pillar and sent coals everywhere. It also burned my finger pretty good as well as my floor mat. The floor mat is not an issue. Whats the best way to get the A pillar fixed?? Im thinking salvage yard and just get a whole new one. How hard is it to replace? SHould I just take it to an upholstery shop? I have the cashmere interior. Heres a pic:

:thepan: :thepan: :thepan: :banghead: :banghead: :annoyed: :bonkers:

Thanks in advance for any help guys!

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG
2,043 Posts
just lou said:
I can't figure out why people still smoke in this day and age.
what I cant figure out is why people smoke in nice cars. I'll see some rich lady driving a new Mercedes just smoking in it, I saw some guy driving a newer S 600 and he was smoking a cigar.

·
Registered
2017 CTS-V
1,670 Posts
The pillar is just a cover and is held on by one screw behind the Air Bag cap. The cap just pops off. It shouldn't be an expensive part at all.

No smoking in the CTS from now on!

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V, 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre
1,640 Posts
You think your A pillar looks bad as a result of your smoking? Dont make me post pictures of what its doing to your teeth!!!

·
Registered
2005 & 2008 CTS
1,362 Posts
I don't think smoking is the issue here. The guy just wants to know how to fix/replace the pillar. I don't think he needs any more parents.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
DDS rollin a CTS said:
You think your A pillar looks bad as a result of your smoking? Dont make me post pictures of what its doing to your teeth!!!
Let him go Doc. Sell him a whitening kit:yup: I don't know if you can help his lungs.:eek:

I recommend ordering a new one and installing it yourself.

·
Registered
2014 SRX AWD Platinum Ice/2010 CTS Sedan 3.6 AWD Silver
644 Posts
nickc50310 said:
:annoyed: Sup guys!! So last night Im smokin a cig in my 03 CTS and I messed up bad! I went to ash and I caught the A pillar (the pillar by the windshield). It burned the sh*t out of my A pillar and sent coals everywhere. It also burned my finger pretty good as well as my floor mat. The floor mat is not an issue. Whats the best way to get the A pillar fixed?? Im thinking salvage yard and just get a whole new one. How hard is it to replace? SHould I just take it to an upholstery shop? I have the cashmere interior. Heres a pic:

:thepan: :thepan: :thepan: :banghead: :banghead: :annoyed: :bonkers:

Thanks in advance for any help guys!
Cover it with one of those 'No Smoking' decals :poke:

-GT

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,963 Posts
Many years ago, Al Wright was flying some passengers in his old gull wing Stinson Reliant airplane that was covered with cotton fabric painted with nitro-cellulose dope. One of the passengers lost the fire off his cigarette and it rolled across the floor and down a hole into the belly. Very shortly the aircraft was seriously on fire. Anyone who has disassembled a firearm cartridge and lit the powder on fire with a match knows how fast nitro-cellulose burns. They went over the little town of Nenana, Alaska and the people on the ground described it as "looking like a comet". Al flew the plane with one hand and covered the passangers with a handy sleeping bag with the other to try to protect them as he headed for the town airstrip. They made it to the ground without injury but the last fifty feet or so there was no fabric left on the fuselage at all and very little left on the flying surfaces. That was the last time anyone smoked in any kind of a vehicle with him. I absolutely guaranty this story is true.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts