2007 Thunder Gray CTS-V
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2007 Thunder Gray CTS-V
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I need some suspension bushings. Really hard to find a source for them. I can buy some Urethane parts, but they require greasing, so I was looking for rubber replacements. Not like the old days when you could get all the suspension parts for acar.

·
Registered
05 Stealth Gray V
991 Posts
I need some suspension bushings. Really hard to find a source for them. I can buy some Urethane parts, but they require greasing, so I was looking for rubber replacements. Not like the old days when you could get all the suspension parts for acar.
No doubt about that. The whole "replace the control arm instead of the ball joint" thing is a drag. The starter solenoid is another unbelievably difficult part to source.

Try buying a stock transmission mount for this car....and forget stock replacement catalytic converters!

Don't get me started....

·
Registered
2007 Thunder Gray CTS-V
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep. Nalley GMC has a new #1 customer at the moment. Just bought two rear LCA's about $200 ea. The adj bolt was rusted into the sleeve, so I will need to saw it out.

Speaking of starter solenoids, the Metripack connector is shot on my wiring harness. Anyone know if a new pigtail can be had so I can splice it in a new connector? Am I making a bad assumption that the starter is a pretty standard one or did Cadillac make a special one just for the -V?

The parts source I posted above showed a new OEM carrier bearing for the driveshaft. Don't know if anyone had tried to use a replacement like that. My 07 had a new OEM driveshaft when I bought it, and interestingly a new OEM trans mount The part numberr sticker was still on it!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts