Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac DeVille, 1990 Cadillac Allanté
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
it was running fine for a month after I bought it. Took it to my local mechanic to get the 60,000 mile service done just as a prevention. Idle problems started around... January and steadily got to the point where even slowing down Caused the engine to surge and stall. Dealership cleaned the TB plates and the mechanic replaced the Idle speed Controller. It certainly helped, except for just a few stutters now and then when parked. Topped off the coolant a few months ago and when hot or cold there's very little in the coolant tank, however there's no leak, and I still haven't figured that one out.

·
Registered
1992 DeVille, 2013 ATS 3.6
2,366 Posts
Mattgentry said:
it was running fine for a month after I bought it. Took it to my local mechanic to get the 60,000 mile service done just as a prevention. Idle problems started around... January and steadily got to the point where even slowing down Caused the engine to surge and stall. Dealership cleaned the TB plates and the mechanic replaced the Idle speed Controller. It certainly helped, except for just a few stutters now and then when parked. Topped off the coolant a few months ago and when hot or cold there's very little in the coolant tank, however there's no leak, and I still haven't figured that one out.
That coolant issue sounds pretty concerning =/

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac DeVille, 1990 Cadillac Allanté
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Yea. Noticed a few days ago that The engine temperature warning lights don't come on anymore on the bulb check.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts