Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac DeVille, 1990 Cadillac Allanté
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came back to the fourms after God knows how long of an absence.
Anyways I went on a parts hunt in the local junkyard, and got a grille and heritage of ownership badge off of a pretty rare 1992 Coupe Deville. I looked at the grilles of my 93 Deville and the grille from the Coupe, which has a different type of hood latch bracket. Any chance I can swap the grilles?

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
I would've imagined everything from the firewall forward would be the same between coupe and sedan. Can't imagine anything changing for the last year of production either. I see no obvious differences in pictures. Does one of the cars have an aftermarket grille?

If you have the grills in hand, give it a shot.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just a small question, the coupe's grille is missing a pin+holes to hold the paddle for the hood latch found in the sedan.
Is the Hood latch paddle underneath the center of the grille for all models or has mine been modified?

·
Registered
1992 DeVille, 2013 ATS 3.6
2,366 Posts
Mattgentry said:
Just a small question, the coupe's grille is missing a pin+holes to hold the paddle for the hood latch found in the sedan. Is the Hood latch paddle underneath the center of the grille for all models or has mine been modified?
My 92 hood latch release finger paddle is over the passenger headlight. You're referring to this or the actual release hook?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well that figures. The actual release paddle was on the passenger side headlight on the coupe I got the grille from.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Mattgentry said:
Well that figures. The actual release paddle was on the passenger side headlight on the coupe I got the grille from.
weird they changed it.

You might be able to modify it to work in your original location?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm goning to go give it a try, just thought it was kinda odd that it was changed too.
Also what sorcery was performed to attach a heritage of ownership badge to a grill?

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
70,666 Posts
Some of the hokey badges used a threaded stud and crossbar. Most used sticky tape. My car came with an 8 on it, which I removed within 24 hours. It's now epoxied to the garage drywall.

·
Registered
1985 Sedan DeVille
1,883 Posts
They changed the hood and grill every year it seems, at that point its less surprising they would change it for different models too

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
ehall said:
They changed the hood and grill every year it seems, at that point its less surprising they would change it for different models too
I'll qualify this by saying 92 and 93 devilles are about as close as it gets

----------

Let us know how it works out, with pics =)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Will try later this evening to find a way to swap the grilles. I mainly bought the coupe grille for the heritage of ownership badge, but after seeing the way the badge was attached I just bought the whole grill with it. Tried to include pics of both, but couldn't figure out how to upload pics to the thread.

----------

Just figured it out! First pic is the one already on the car, second is the one to be swapped onto the car.

http://s1341.photobucket.com/user/Matt_Gentry/media/image.jpg1_zpsmtftdcyz.jpg.html

http://s1341.photobucket.com/user/Matt_Gentry/media/image.jpg1_zps12irksmk.jpg.html

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
If you post the IMG codes, the pictures will appear instead of a link.

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre, 1994 DeVille
6,796 Posts
The location of the hood release did change but it's not too hard to swap parts around.
Look at the back of the grille to see how the heritage badge was attached. If whoever put it on used the hardware that came with it it should have an anchor that clips to the grille that the badge screws onto.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So I decided against swapping the grilles but I did get the heritage badge off.
Finished product:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks! Still a long way to go with some minor cosmetic stuff. Some did a horrible leather repair, and the drivers seat needs its foam replaced.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Mattgentry said:
Thanks! Still a long way to go with some minor cosmetic stuff. Some did a horrible leather repair, and the drivers seat needs its foam replaced.
I hear that. I need to repair my drivers side door arm rest crack. It's still only and inch long so I'm holding my breath

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I saw your Deville in the FWD pics thread. it really is a stunning car. wish I had that color paint and interior too. Anyways, I'm really getting annoyed with the car as or recently. It's only got 56,000 miles on it and I've just now gotten the idle problems fixed. Now hopefully it doesn't give me another problem until I get the leather and paint fixed.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Mattgentry said:
I saw your Deville in the FWD pics thread. it really is a stunning car. wish I had that color paint and interior too. Anyways, I'm really getting annoyed with the car as or recently. It's only got 56,000 miles on it and I've just now gotten the idle problems fixed. Now hopefully it doesn't give me another problem until I get the leather and paint fixed.
Wow thank you so much =) it's a hell of a commitment to keep her like new. What was causing your idle problems?? And what have you had to do so far?? got mine at 47k miles. Now at 92k. Done all kinds of work next will probably be new injectors just to be preemptive.

Of course you can let things go but also spot treating and being preemptive will keep the car running forever. I'm ready to rebuild the engine or tranny if I need to (god forbid it) but so far it's been small things but the car has been great to me and I try to be as good back =)

----------

(You oughta see dennis93s deville. Man the undercarriage on that puppy is cleaner than when it rolled off the production line)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts