Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello and apologies in advance for the laziness of the first question:

Can someone please provide the OEM part numbers for the front & rear brake pads & rotors, as well as front and rear shocks.

Second question, can you recommend the most economical online vendor to provide the parts above in Canada?

Thanks in advance....

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
89047725 = Front Brake Pads; 89047744 = Rear Brake Pads; 25750248 = Front Brake Rotor; 25750257 = Rear Brake Rotor; 19150079 = Front Shock; 25752922 = Rear Shock.

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Perfect. Thank you !

----------

Hi Darkman - can you verify if the front brake pad number should be 89047725?

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,299 Posts
Hello and apologies in advance for the laziness of the first question:

Can someone please provide the OEM part numbers for the front & rear brake pads & rotors, as well as front and rear shocks.
For future reference, www.cadillacfaq.com is a good resource for OEM part numbers.

Now, with that said, is there a specific reason you want the OEM pads and rotors? There are any number of aftermarket options that are more affordable and work as well (if not better).

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello everyone,

Did my pads and rotors today, and just before taking it for a test drive desk, decided to double check the calliper pins and when I looked on the passengers side I saw brake fluid leaking from the brake line to rigid pipe transition just before the calliper. Reached up to see if it was a connector issues and the line snapped in half.

WTF?!

Luckily local parts store had one in stock. So my question is should I replace the drivers side now as well assuming it will be close to failure? What about the rear?

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
I would replace them all. There was a recall on the CTS, which did not cover the CTS-V but arguably should have. The recall was limited to the front, so whether you want to replace the rears could depend on what they look like compared to the fronts.

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V, Black, Borla exhaust
50 Posts
I know this is an older thread, but are these the ACD part numbers for 2004 CTSV as well?

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,299 Posts
Yes, those part numbers are correct for all of the 1st gen CTS-Vs. I would ask you the same question I asked Juggernaut - is there a specific reason you want the OEM pads and rotors? There are any number of aftermarket options (including from ACDelco) that are more affordable and work as well (if not better).

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V, Black, Borla exhaust
50 Posts
Well, like many of us, there is so much good information on this forum that after reading what I can, it looked like OEM is the way to go. But, what other AC Delco pads are out there i could use that may be cheaper and work better?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts