Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! Sorry if this has been asked before....

Do any of you have the part number for an '05 Black Rear Bezel?

I have a 2003, so I am stuck with the ugly grey one...any info would be greatly appreciated :D :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,306 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
no get the oem one. why would you want to "stick on" a piece of your car? The black Bezel lists for $466 you can get it on buy-oem-parts.com, and Gmparts direct for $350.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've seen the one that usspeedonline offers but it's just not the same. I don't like the lines LOL I am picky! I want the whole new piece....

CTS V6 3.6, thanks for the info...I can definitely do $350!! I went to buy-oem-parts.com but I still need the part number there too I think.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
CTS V6 3.6 said:
no get the oem one. why would you want to "stick on" a piece of your car? The black Bezel lists for $466 you can get it on buy-oem-parts.com, and Gmparts direct for $350.
That's just for the actual bezel -- what are you going to do about the change of lights and the labor involved now that her car is out of warranty??

·
Registered
199 Posts
When I did the warranty exchange for my rear bezel it was all one piece; I saw the guy pull it out of the box. You did'nt have to order the lights seperate...

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
johnnybn said:
When I did the warranty exchange for my rear bezel it was all one piece; I saw the guy pull it out of the box. You did'nt have to order the lights seperate...
Well B, it looks like you are good to go:thumbsup: ...I stand corrected on the change of lights!

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awesome!!! Thanks guys! :D

One more question...has anyone actually ordered a rear bezel from buy-oem-parts.com? I found it on there, and it's $350 but of course they don't show a picture. Just want to make sure I am getting the right part, including the lights etc.

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
Sometimes those don't come color matched to the car.
I don't know for sure as I haven't replaced one but many of those are "paint to match".
If it is the body shop would need just the paint codes off the SPID label and you'd have to pay them to paint it. Not sure what that would cost.
Make sure you find out if it comes color matched of if it has to be painted.
I'd hate to see you freak out when you open the box to see a primered plastic part.
Yes typically those pieces come with all the lights built right in and the bulbs in place. At least all the ones I have replaced have.

As far as installing it, you don't need many tools, you just have to be careful not to scratch the paint.

·
Cadillac Technician
none
11,051 Posts
I knew I read about this somewhere.
Here is a copy of the TSB that "informed" us of the change.

Rear Compartment Lid Applique/Back Up High Mount Stop Lamp Assembly Appearance Change Information
2003-2004 Cadillac CTS

Built AFTER VIN Breakpoint 40148763

The purpose of this bulletin is to advise technicians and parts managers of the rear compartment lid applique/back up high mount stop lamp assembly appearance change.

Effective January 12, 2004, the rear compartment lid (2) on all Cadillac CTS models will be equipped with a colored back up high mount stop lamp assembly (1) that matches the vehicles' exterior body color.

This style back up high mount stop lamp/rear compartment lid applique is now shared with the CTS V-Series and will appear on all available exterior colors.

This modification is designed to offer an improved appearance that will ensure an increase in customer satisfaction.

Important
For current and past model year vehicles, all related service parts for the back up high mount stop lamp assembly will also be body colored.
That makes it sound like it's color matched, but you never know.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well on the website before you order it wants you to specify which color you have...so I am guessing it comes painted. I would just like to know for sure if it comes complete and painted. Maybe I'll call tomorrow. Thanks for allt he info.

·
Registered
2003 CTS
920 Posts
This info is from another caddy site May 04.
Forum: CTS Posted: 27 May 2004 11:18 am Subject: Rear BezelHere is the info GothicaLeigh posted months ago:

Rear Bezel/Neon brake light strip (part numbers by color/no need to paint):
Diamond White: 25763604
Black: 25763598
Silver: 25763601
GM LIST: $506.02
GPD PRICE: $303.61

They are called a "Lamp" in the Parts Book so don't panic when you order it. -Jer:>)

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
You can also download the CTS parts list from CadillacFAQ.com. Bottom of page 134 on the right hand side lists all colors and all part numbers.

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/doclib.html

Plug the part numbers in at GMPartsDirect.com for the on-line pricing. Remember that S/H will add 10-15%.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
RobertCTS said:
GMPD will send it to your door where your boyfriend can install it less than 30 minutes and one Budweiser.:thumbsup:
Correction.... less than 30 minutes and one CORONA!!! :histeric: :D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts