Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Black 13 CTS, Previous - Infrared 07 CTS
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the part number for the (for lack of a better term) the battery jacket for a '07 CTS?...it's the black fabric looking thing that covers/surrounds the battery? Service writer at Thompson Cadillac in Raleigh says they can't find a P/N for it...mine's torn up and rough looking and I'd like to replace it if it's not outrageously priced.

Thanks,
Greg

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts
you dont need it, but if you really want one send me a message next week and ill check my garage, you just pay the shipping. i think i have 2 and im not using either of them.
i cant check till next week because if i still have them they are in the boat and things are blocking it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you dont need it, but if you really want one send me a message next week and ill check my garage, you just pay the shipping. i think i have 2 and im not using either of them.
i cant check till next week because if i still have them they are in the boat and things are blocking it.
Schaweet!...yep let me know...I'm interested and I'll gladly pay the shipping...I'll send you a message next week.

BTW understood abt not needing it...and I understand I could just take off the one I have...

Thanks again,
Greg

·
Registered
7,872 Posts
whats wrong with yours?

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
4,969 Posts
It looks like hell. OMG You forum guys are just useless!!!! LOL

·
Registered
7,872 Posts
Mine is beetter than that, but probably a little dirty. I'm sure you can hose it off and let it dry in the sun.
Ill try to take a look for 1 tonight, I think I know where 1 of them is.

·
Registered
07 CTS 3.6L Wheel Performance
180 Posts
Description: Insulator, Year: 05-07, MSRP: $29.37, Your Price: $17.41
From GMPartsDirect, I'm assuming that's it, but I can dig mine out and look for a part number. Mine's a bit ratty too, I think something was chewing on it.

They don't ship to my igloo, but I use them for reference. I know the jacket you're talking about, I have a decent one off the last car somewhere, but I don't know if it'll fit my Eliminator battery.

e: The last car was a top post AC Delco, I'm a special snowflake this morning.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@Jeremy360
Took a look at the GMPartsDirect site...forgot they are only abt 2 hours away from me...I have their Muscle Car catalog for my 69 Camaro...it's kinda hard to tell if that Insulator is the "Jacket" or the Shield is the "Jacket"...both seem like likely names for that part...

"special snowflake" ... pretty funny... :)

@Slithering_Joe
Thanks for the links...I've seen similar products on cars at car shows...I'll bet they help the battery from getting heat soaked...I believe the starter motor on my Camaro gets heat soaked and have thought abt wrapping it in some similar stuff.

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V, Powered by Chevrolet
835 Posts
[email protected]_Joe
Thanks for the links...I've seen similar products on cars at car shows...I'll bet they help the battery from getting heat soaked...I believe the starter motor on my Camaro gets heat soaked and have thought abt wrapping it in some similar stuff.
Recently, I've used the ThermoTec and DEi heat protection on my new starter and wiring harness in the V too. The original starter got baked and died from the exhaust heat. The differential also gets additional heat from the close proximity of the exhaust. The hotter the rear gets the louder it whines. So far, I have gotten good results from wrapping everything up. Hopefully, over the long term my starter and wire lead lasts longer than the originals.

My battery blanket is falling apart too and soon I'll probably be going with one from DEi or ThermoTec.

New starter and wiring

Exhaust heat protection for differential

1 - 12 of 12 Posts