Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2003 DeVille DTS
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the pdf parts manual someone posted, it lists the front brake pads as 18048652. Alldatadiy has a TSB with a different p/n, but gmpartsdirect can't find it. Can anyone verify front pads 18048652?

Also, is the GM rotor best, or an aftermarket / 'performance' rotor? I really just need the pads, but will turn or replace the rotors, hoping to reduce the shimmy. Rotors are only $80 each at gmpartsdirect, might be better than getting the original ones turned at the local garage. Performance rotors are a little more costly, but maybe worth it if they'll stay true.

Thanks
KD in NH

·
Registered
White Diamond 2001 STS
1,317 Posts
I have crossdrilled rotors on my car, and it's the best money I've ever spent on an aftermarket item. This car used to need new pads or turned rotors every 20-30k miles, but I put the drilled rotors and Bendix pads on over 60k miles ago and I haven't touched 'em since. I used the Powerstop brand:

http://www.jnjhome.net/cadillac/rotors.htm

These Powerstop rotors were also "gold cadmium" coated. I thought, "yeah whatever, I just want a cooler-running rotor." Let me say that these things don't have a spot of rust on them, after YEARS of use. My brother just put ACDelco drilled rotors on his C5 Corvette, and they're not coated with anything, and the rotor hubs have already rusted after a few months of use. I can't say enough about the coating on these Powerstops.

·
Registered
2003 DeVille DTS
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks jad. I've seen several performance rotors online, everything from nickel plated to genuine asbestos dust coated.
Well, maybe not, but several types anyways.

Glad you've had goodluck with it, pretty sure I'll go the performance route too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts