Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Escalade ESV '08 Premium AWD. Magnaflow, Volant, Airaid...
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone tried to find the way to have these lines on the 2007-2008-2011 model years?
I was told once it may be made by some programming issues... So, I made all the latest updates for the multimedia-center... and still have no parking lines :bigroll:
Now I think the thing is in the backup camera... And I am about to replace my stock cam for the 2012-2013 m.y. cam.
So, does anyone now the partnumber of this 2012-2013 camera if it is different from the older one? Or any other ways to have the parking lines?..

·
Registered
2010 Escalade Luxury w/Full Platinum Exterior
264 Posts
The cameras between year models are the exact same product, part number and all. The parking guide lines are part of the 2012+ nav system software. In order to obtain this, you would need to exchange your radio for a 2012 navigation system.

Unfortunately, from what I have read through research, the 2012+ radios do not work on 2008 model year Escalades. And that is the only year they are incompatible with. So, for 2008 models, the only way to add parking guide lines is if GM released a disc update that contained a software upgrade and added them, but I do not see that happening.

I am not sure if the incompatibility issue for upgrading the radio itself is necessarily true, as I haven't seen anyone with a 2008 Escalade confirm that it doesn't work. But it is what I have read multiple times.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade
77 Posts
The cameras between year models are the exact same product, part number and all. The parking guide lines are part of the 2012+ nav system software. In order to obtain this, you would need to exchange your radio for a 2012 navigation system.

Unfortunately, from what I have read through research, the 2012+ radios do not work on 2008 model year Escalades. And that is the only year they are incompatible with. So, for 2008 models, the only way to add parking guide lines is if GM released a disc update that contained a software upgrade and added them, but I do not see that happening.

I am not sure if the incompatibility issue for upgrading the radio itself is necessarily true, as I haven't seen anyone with a 2008 Escalade confirm that it doesn't work. But it is what I have read multiple times.
Not true. I just installed a 2012 nav in my 2007. Works 100%. Haven't checked if I can get the lines. Ill update in a bit

·
Registered
264 Posts
Not true. I just installed a 2012 nav in my 2007. Works 100%. Haven't checked if I can get the lines. Ill update in a bit
Right. But I said 2008. Not 2007. I'll repeat myself, the 2008 model year, which is what the OP has, has been *said*, but not confirmed, to be incompatible with the 2012+ system for some reason. All other year models, 2007 and 2009-2013 work.

·
Registered
264 Posts
No idea. Maybe a different BCM or something, or it could be false info. All I know is many eBay sellers of these 2012+ navs listed them as being incompatible with 08 year models only. I wouldn't believe it completely until I see results posted from someone with an 08 trying it and confirming it did not work. IMO it could be that someone incorrectly tried to install it in an 08 and started a chain of false info saying it does not work in 08s...

·
Registered
Escalade ESV '08 Premium AWD. Magnaflow, Volant, Airaid...
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
KMon, looking forward :)

----------

Does anyone know the partnumber of this 2012+ multimedia system?
I guess it has no CD-changer?(

·
Registered
264 Posts
So you're gonna be the 08 compatibility guinea pig? :) I was reading more threads and found one where someone with a 2008 said theirs worked, and another one where an 08 owner said their dealer could never get it programmed and that GM told the dealer it was not compatible. I have no idea which one to believe.

It does not have the disc changer, unfortunately. I confirmed this with another member here who has the radio. Mine has not come in yet so I was not able to confirm it myself.

The part number is 20992774.

·
Registered
1999 Escalade, 2004 CTS, 2003 ESV, Now 2008 Escalade
1,243 Posts
I ordered the GM accessory IPOD interface tonight it installs where the XM receiver is in the glove box. Not that I am cheap but I like the tilt screen and 6 CD Changer because it stores CDs and DVDs. If I was going to change my radio if it broke I would go for a 2010 for XM traffic feature. Sucks that it doesn't have a CD changer. But let me know if it works in a 2008

·
Registered
2007 Escalade
77 Posts
How did you tilt the screen? Mine didn't seem to tilt before I swapped it out :/. Doesn't matter now. I'd rather have iPod and a working navi lol

·
Registered
264 Posts
Are you sure symbols button does not toggle the guide lines? Did you put it in reverse to check for the lines?

·
Registered
2007 Escalade
77 Posts
I did. all i have is a triangle that turns yellow and red when really close to something
I actually dont like the parking lines

·
Registered
1999 Escalade, 2004 CTS, 2003 ESV, Now 2008 Escalade
1,243 Posts
I heard its the new navigation radio that has it, I also heard that the dealer upgrades a software in the radio via computer. I am going to check if he can do it for me in my 2008 escalade.

·
Registered
2016 Range Rover V8 SC ... 2015 Corvette Z06/Z07
923 Posts
There was a time, not so long ago, when we just turned our heads to see when we reversed, and a little thing called positional self awareness.

Now not only do we need cameras and screens, but also directional orientation lines cause we can't figure out where we're going.

I'll tell you where we're not going ... sanity land!

This is how Skynet starts.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade
511 Posts
Yeah, whats next... a feature that tells you not to look in your blind spot...... oh wait......

son of a ...

·
Registered
264 Posts
I did. all i have is a triangle that turns yellow and red when really close to something
I actually dont like the parking lines
You must have an '11 system then. They installed the CF card reader in the 2011 navs and then updated the software in the 2012s.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts