Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've just signed onto this group. I've got a 1993 Sedan DeVille and I've got a simple questions about it -- maybe somebody here can give me some insight.

My left turn signal doesn't work, and it appears my parking light is burned out. I suppose on most other cars I wouldn't need to be asking this, but how the devil do you get to that lamp to replace it?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Gary, coincidentally I just signed up tonight as well, seeking help with my parking lights/marker lamps/brake lights. I just replaced one of the parking/turn signal lights last night in my 1990 Deville, and I imagine the process is very similar. Obvious, you can you lookup which light you need at your local auto parts store.

First off, to get a better look at where you are working, you may want to remove the side light(same level as headlight, but on side of car.) There were two torx screws holding these in on my 1990, one on the top of the light fixture and one on the bottom.

Now, to get to the parking lamp, you will need to lay under your car and reach up and around to the light fixture. On my car there are TWO parking lights per side, but they all look like one unit. You will need fairly small hands to reach up inside the fixture. Once you reach up inside the fixture, feel for the light. When you find where the light is inserted, grab it and twist it 1/4 turn counterclockwise(or clockwise is fine too I believe). After you turn the light, it should come out of the light housing. NOW, on my DeVille, I could NOT pull the light completely out to switch it out because the wires were snaked through a very small channel (The light was too big to pull through). What I had to do was pull back the wire sheathing and cut the tape so I had more slack in the wires. After I had more slack, the wires were long enough to pull the light through another small hole below the light fixture. Once the light was pulled out, I swapped out the bulb and did the above instructions in reverse.

This description is probably confusing as all get out, but it's the best I could do on short notice :) Let me know if you need clarification.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually I figured it out -- sort of.

I just picked up the car from the body shop -- my daughter had an accident with it. As I got down the road I noticed the left turn signal didn't work. This is the opposite side from where the damage was, but possibly some shock or vibration may have blown the bulb. The owner's manual lists all replacement lamps, and describes how to change the headlights and taillights, but not parking lights. So anyway, yesterday I called the body shop and asked how you reach the lamps. He asked me to come back, and he put in a new lamp for me -- and yes, I saw how he got to it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Please let me know how you figured it out. I have to replace the inside light of the two lights on my 1990 fleetwood and I can't figure out how to even get to it.

Thanks

·
-Administrator- 2002.5 F55 STS 2014 FWD Explorer
66,277 Posts
Please let me know how you figured it out. I have to replace the inside light of the two lights on my 1990 fleetwood and I can't figure out how to even get to it. Thanks
Great search job - but none of these owners have been here since 2004 or so.......somebody with your year will see this..............hang in there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
Submariner409