Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi boys.
I have Escalade 2007 base model.
Today i replaced 2 rear parking sensors and i repaired cables too because i had a problems with it.
Now the parking assist is working normally when transmission is in Reverse but when transmission is in Drive and car is driving more than circa 6 mph the car shows me error message: “Service parking assist”. After that if i stopped the car and put transmission to Park or Reverse, the error message goes out and parking assist working normally..
And than if i put trans to Drive and drive more than 6mph the error message lights up again..
Is it necessary to reset the parking control unit after replacing the sensors? Have any of you encountered such a problem? I'm unhappy..please help me..thank you

·
Registered
736 Posts
That's really weird because I had
Hi boys.
I have Escalade 2007 base model.
Today i replaced 2 rear parking sensors and i repaired cables too because i had a problems with it.
Now the parking assist is working normally when transmission is in Reverse but when transmission is in Drive and car is driving more than circa 6 mph the car shows me error message: “Service parking assist”. After that if i stopped the car and put transmission to Park or Reverse, the error message goes out and parking assist working normally..
And than if i put trans to Drive and drive more than 6mph the error message lights up again..
Is it necessary to reset the parking control unit after replacing the sensors? Have any of you encountered such a problem? I'm unhappy..please help me..thank you
Were the sensors new? Are you sure all the sensors work now? What your supposed to do is have the codes cleared after replacing the sensors.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's really weird because I had

Were the sensors new? Are you sure all the sensors work now? What your supposed to do is have the codes cleared after replacing the sensors.
1. Yes, sensors were new (aftermarket)
2. Yes, all the sensors work now (i expect it-because when i put Reverse in transmission URPA is working absolutelly without problems)
3. Are you sure with “clearing codes” ? Because in every videos on Youtube the boys only change the sensor and after that URPA is working normally without clearing codes..

Does anyone have any idea?
I don't want to deal with it the way I replace everything and some of it goes wrong.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I saw a video where this guy changed his bad URPA sensors and then cleared the faulty sensor code and the message went away.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I saw a video where this guy changed his bad URPA sensors and then cleared the faulty sensor code and the message went away.
I have an original GM diagnostic tool and i cleared the faulty codes but it not solve the problem. On tuesday i will try to check one more wire (wire from main canbus wires-from passenger seat to connector) because the line from URPA ecu to URPA sensors consist of 2 parts(wires)- the first is from sensors to main connector and the second is from main connector to URPA ecu.
Everybody checked the first one but i expect the problem will be in the second one.
It is so hard to find the problem in second one because the URPA wires is only one part from main canbus wires and there are a lot of wires 🤦‍♂️
I will try it...
No more ideas?

·
Registered
736 Posts
I have an original GM diagnostic tool and i cleared the faulty codes but it not solve the problem. On tuesday i will try to check one more wire (wire from main canbus wires-from passenger seat to connector) because the line from URPA ecu to URPA sensors consist of 2 parts(wires)- the first is from sensors to main connector and the second is from main connector to URPA ecu.
Everybody checked the first one but i expect the problem will be in the second one.
It is so hard to find the problem in second one because the URPA wires is only one part from main canbus wires and there are a lot of wires 🤦‍♂️
I will try it...
No more ideas?
What kind of scan tool do you have

1 - 6 of 6 Posts