Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2019 CT6 Blackwing, 2014 CTS-V Sport, 1987 Buick Grand National, 1972 Pontiac
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still has sound coming from it but doesn't raise up. Anyone know if there is a setting that disables it or is it just broke? Dealer is replacing dash next week for leather separation and said they will look into it.

·
Registered
2016 CT6 3.6L Platinum
42 Posts
Sorry to say, sounds like it's just broken.

Reactions: KRDCAD

·
Registered
'19 CT6 Platinum 3.0TT
553 Posts
Don't worry, it will start raising up when you get it to the dealer. :rolleyes: My '19 has done that twice, but it raised up the next time I started the car. Next time you go to the car, remote start it with the key fob and see if that fixes it. If you've opened the driver door since you last shut it down, you'll have to do that the next time.

·
Registered
CTS4
44 Posts
This has happened to me several times. I hear a thump noise when entering my car and I know immediately the speaker won’t rise. When I shut the car down it resets itself after a while.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It gets better. Speaker still won't raise up despite trying different tactics and now my glovebox won't open. LOL

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I kid you not, took it up to dealer this morning and it magically was working again, lmao. Fucking cars. They are replacing the dash as the leather delaminated and are going to look into it while they are at it. Now, the glovebox turned out to be my fault. A relay at the top of the fuse block in the dash was loose because I was trying to find a place to power my radar detector. Reseated the relay and glovebox is working again.

·
Registered
'19 CT6 Platinum 3.0TT
553 Posts
My guess is they have to unhook everything to do the dash cap, so it might just get fixed because of that. Or possibly made worse, plus get a bunch of buzzes and rattles. I hate having dash work, or any interior work done.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm going to be so mad if I get rattles. Its going back. I had a sunroof replaced in my truck when it was new and the headliner was sagging after to where it rubbed my head. Took it back and they put a new headliner in and a week later it was sagging. So finally I complained to Chrysler and they approved a local interior shop to do the third headliner under warranty and I never had another issue. I knew they did good work as they had done the interior and convertible top on one of my classics. So that's my plan if they mess up my dash. Go back to my trusty interior shop. Just FYI, warranty will pay an outside shop if dealer can't fix it to your satisfaction. Just takes some complaining.

·
Registered
'19 CT6 Platinum 3.0TT
553 Posts
It is amazing what can happen if you are firm and you have a service department willing to go to bat for you. I had a 2003 Vette and out of the factory they came with an H pipe exhaust, the crossover was the size of a dime. I complained a few times about how the exhaust sounded, particularly at idle. The service manager called Chevrolet and they agreed to pay for a Corsa X pipe if I paid for labor. Car sounded much better, and even had a little more low end power.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts