Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac Escalade
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:thumbsup:

Im excited; just got a pair of embroidered headrest monitors for my escalade off ebay for >$300 shipped!
Everything looks nice and seller is + ratings ; I think I saw another pair of the embroidered headrest monitors on there so I figured I'd share my enjoyment and leak out the good news!
Will post again when I recieve them and get the install going.

·
Registered
2007 Escalada EXT
8 Posts
Please keep us posted. I would like to know the quality of the headrests and the monitors. What color are the headrests. Also, do you know if the headrests for all escalade models are the same?

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac Escalade
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
070809 escalades are all the same.
I will 100% keep you posted.
Ebony headrests w/ silver embroidered caddy logo w/ the 7" screens + the brain

VERY EXCITED

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts

Im excited; just got a pair of embroidered headrest monitors for my escalade off ebay for >$300 shipped!
Everything looks nice and seller is + ratings ; I think I saw another pair of the embroidered headrest monitors on there so I figured I'd share my enjoyment and leak out the good news!
Got mine from that guy two years ago, owners ask me all the time about them. :)

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac Escalade
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now those are nice!!!!!!!!!!!
I beleive the ones i got were only silver w/o the red and gold in the emblem :(
Its all good thought; anything beats plain old nothing on them!

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
I have seen 7 sets and they were all black, I have several sets of plain black ones that I want to have done, but the vendor will not e-mail me back, he maybe away for the holiday. I will see if he has done any cashmere

·
Registered
'07 Escalade ESV AWD
248 Posts
I wish my Vizualogic headrests had that! Looks very clean and well done. Sweet... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2011 "BD" CTS-V, 2010 CTS-V (Traded), 2007 Escalde (Sold)
283 Posts

I would like to get a pair of those...can you post a pic of the monitor and give me the Ebay listing number? I did a search on Ebay and could not find them.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac Escalade
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey guys looking for some more help; put the headrests in and ran the SVideo cables to the bottom of the seat.
I have the brain for them and am looking for possibly a diagram or some sort of tutorial to try and install them (the wiring etc)
I really cannot wait to get them going; look great!
I wanted to see if there is a special way to set them up with the lockpick I have installed, if I can have 2 seperate video sources for the front/ back as opposed to 1 source for all 3 screens.
I will post pix later today from my iphone........
Thanks in advance if you could get any help for me!

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac Escalade
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Can anyone help me out? Would really like to do it today? Diagram tutorial anything?
Where do i get the Svideo sources for both rear headrests? Directly from the back of the nav or from the Lockpick?

·
Registered
Cadillac
180 Posts
The s video should come out of the brain and the video into that would come from RCA's either from a plug that you have to buy from CoastalETech....they make a plug that pigtails to two video outs and you run an rca from that to the brain.

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac Escalade
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just went to my truck and took apart my console and checked under my seats. Where do i get the Power & the speaker taps for the brain of rear monitors? Is it under the driver seat / passenger seat? I of course am assuming it is prewired already.

Thanks for the input

·
Registered
Cadillac
180 Posts
I tapped power off my lock pick but I guess you could get it from anywhere....as for the speaker input or output that comes from the deck with that pigtail clip I talked about....as far as I know that is the easiest way to hook it up.

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac Escalade
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nixonride thank you so much for your input.
Really cannot figure it out for anything.......i guess im not that tech saavy.
Just took it to a mobile install place.....$300 to wire them up to the front screen.
I guess ill give it one more shot before i give in to that.

I will post pix now.....thanks for the input if there is anymore

1 - 20 of 30 Posts