Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2019 CTS
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was parked in a nearly empty parking lot when a car parked next to me about 6" away. The driver kindly left me with a nice dent in my door. It bothered me to no end. It seemed like every time I walked up to the car, My eye was attracted to it making it even worse. I called the dealer to see if they knew of anyone that did paintless dent repair. They gave me the name and number and arranged have it repaired the next day. It amazed me that it took about ten minutes and cost $60 but he fixed it and there is absolutely no signs of it (( or feel). I wouldn't be afraid to try it again, although I hope not to need it.

·
Registered
2009 CTS DI AWD Premium
585 Posts
I had the same experience and took my car to a similar place, it turned out perfect and for $75 I would do it again.

·
Registered
2011 CTS AWD 3.6
69 Posts
I was given a pointer to a guy who did dealer lots by a service advisor a few years ago. I've used him multiple times over the years and have always been quite happy with his work. He once commented to me that people would be surprised how many new cars have PDR work done before delivery.

·
Registered
2019 CTS
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the dent was on the front passengers door mid way down. I didn't park to anyone, this idiot parked next to me in a virtually empty lot.

·
Registered
2008 CTS, 2004 Escalade, 62 Fleetwood
142 Posts
i had a pretty big dent in my right front fender and i was sick over it. cost 250 to get the paintless guy to fix it, but now it looks perfect. no worries about matching that red paint!

·
Registered
2010 CTS
41 Posts
I noticed a dent in my A-pillar between the driver's door and the roof. Absoulutely gutted me. Because of where it is the local PDR place told me that he can't guarantee the repair. I looked on the net for similar repairs and it was all done perfectly. Anyway, I have an appointment this coming Friday. xx my fingers otherwise it's off to the body shop. Red cars attract attention...

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe and 2006 CTS
25 Posts
I have been personally been involved with whole lots of new cars being
repaired this way because of hail damage. There were hundreds of cars
repaired after that storm. I've also seen lots of cars that needed this repair after shipping.

·
Registered
CTS Coupe Performance Stick
1,013 Posts
This is good to know. Props to the OP.

As an aside, I try to park in corner spots where I only have to worry about one side. And I park as close as I can to curb side...away from other parking spot.

·
Registered
2015 ATS 3.6 RWD Premium
502 Posts
Had a dent in the right front fender from road debris. Paintless dent repair made it evaporate. Gotta love it.

·
Registered
2010 CTS
41 Posts
Update.....Dent on my A-pillar. Took my car to the PDR place near my house. 45 minutes and presto, no more dent - good as new! Total damage $80 vs the $550 the paint shop quoted me for the repair!

·
Registered
2008 CTS & 2010 SRX
25 Posts
I've been lucky. My CTS is 3 yeas old, and has yet to be "kissed" by an uncaring, disrespectful, (you fill in the blank here) person who's parked next to me. ( I'm knocking on wood as I type this!) A major part of that "luck" is because like all of us that partake of this forum, I park where no one else wants to park. Far away from entrances, walkways, uphill from others, in an end spot hugging the curb... I'm sure you all can add to this list!
In any case, my wife has not been as fortunate with her SRX. The car was only a month old when the first ding appeared mysteriously in front of, and below the driver side mirror. To this day she still wants to figure out how it got there, and what did it, because she is just as adept at finding a faraway, undesireable-to-the-general-public parking spot as I. In any case, we have a PDR guy we've gone to before, and it was fixed within a week. That was last April, This March someone dinged her high up on the back passenger side between the rear wheel and the tail light in a... you'll cringe when you read this... hospital parking garage! She parked using our normal "parking procedure", but even though no one could have parked next to her, "they" still got her! She wants to review the hospital surveilance camera footage to see if it was caught on video! And yes, she knows where and when that ding occurred because ever since the first ding, she gives the car a walk-around check before she leaves any parking space!
Once again, our PDR guy made quick work of it, and this time in less than 24 hrs from when it happened. We 're especially happy that these were able to be fixed this way, because her SRX is Platinum Ice, a premium, and I'm sure, extremely hard-to-match color should repainting be needed. If the dings had cracked the finsh, we would have had to go the body shop (expensive) route.

·
Registered
2010 CTS
56 Posts
people are the worst, no matter how far away in an empty area I park buttheads always want to be on top of my 2010 CTS!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts