Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
02 Seville, 04 SRX
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to remove the lights and the gray part at the read of the 98-04 Sevilles? I would like to have the gray painted to match my car.

·
Registered
'99 SLS
83 Posts
Yeah, it is. I did that when I painted my car this summer. The gray part is part of the tail-lights, so you just remove the trunk lid liner, unscrew the light panel, and mask off the lights. Prep and paint it like you would any other body panel.

Here are some pics of it, they are tough to see though.

I also cleared my turn signals : )

·
Registered
98 Deville, '15 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium, '12 Ford Escape
3,294 Posts
Wow! That does look, very nice! at the moment I am having a new lower bumper grill for the front painted. I have my fog lights added to my SLS, and am removing the SLS style lower grill that is also cracked.

·
Registered
2013 XTS
2,087 Posts
So could I go get the touch up paint in a spray can and do it myself or should I have a body shop do it with an air sprayer ?

·
Registered
2013 XTS
2,087 Posts
Come on fellas surely we have some body guys in here that can tell me if I can do a good job with a spray can of touch up paint ?
Or should I pay to have it done ?

·
Registered
02 Seville, 04 SRX
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That looks great! I am having the mirror painted Tuesday (some ass did a hit and run but I snagged one from eBay for $110) so I guess I will take off the lights and have them spray it at the same time. It looks a lot better, really does. I have dark blue too, grey isn't too bad on that color but on red or white I think it looks like hell. I'm so pumped to get it sprayed!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts