Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
'05 Stealth V- MAggie,Cam, Kooks Headers, Corsa Exhaust, B&M
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into painting my front grills black...does anyone have any tips?

I am thinking the best would be to powder coat, anyone with feedback that has done this would be greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
05 CTS-V raven black
1,131 Posts
I am looking into painting my front grills black...does anyone have any tips?

I am thinking the best would be to powder coat, anyone with feedback that has done this would be greatly appreciated!!
I powdercoated my mesh inserts ($40)
I had the chrome trim painted to match factory black

cannot qoute you price for paint just for trim pieces...I got my fogs/turn signal markers tinted/grill trim painted for ($75)

powdercoat for the mesh is a must...looks so clean and wont chip like paint!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I powdercoated my mesh inserts ($40)
I had the chrome trim painted to match factory black

cannot qoute you price for paint just for trim pieces...I got my fogs/turn signal markers tinted/grill trim painted for ($75)

powdercoat for the mesh is a must...looks so clean and wont chip like paint!!

So you haven't had any trouble with the paint chipping on the trim pieces? I'm assuming you powder coated the bottom grill completey?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also did you run into any problems with the mesh shrinking? I have heard that it is difficult to get the mesh back after removing it since it is so flimsy...

·
Registered
05 CTS-V raven black
1,131 Posts
So you haven't had any trouble with the paint chipping on the trim pieces? I'm assuming you powder coated the bottom grill completey?
took the mesh completly out and had it powdercoated because the trim pieces are plastic....I had a few rock chips in the chrome trim...but sanded them down smooth then shot with factory black...and mixed the clear hard..so I don't have any chips yet...:hide:

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
Just powdercoat the mesh black and leave the chrome trim alone. Looks so good!

·
Registered
05 CTS-V raven black
1,131 Posts
Just powdercoat the mesh black and leave the chrome trim alone. Looks so good!
^^^ there is one opinion...mine is paint the trim...

I guess it depends on your overall apperance goal for your car...like if I had factory chrome wheels I would have left the trim chrome

maybe you should start a poll??

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^^^ there is one opinion...mine is paint the trim...

I guess it depends on your overall apperance goal for your car...like if I had factory chrome wheels I would have left the trim chrome

maybe you should start a poll??

But you didn't have a problem re-installing the mesh? When I removed mine last time and painted it I had trouble refitting it. Just wondering if there are any pearls....

As for the trim, I'm going all black...just my opinion and look I'm going for. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
05 CTS-V raven black
1,131 Posts
But you didn't have a problem re-installing the mesh? When I removed mine last time and painted it I had trouble refitting it. Just wondering if there are any pearls....

As for the trim, I'm going all black...just my opinion and look I'm going for. Thanks for the help!
yes I did...

the trick for the lower is putting two of the mount holes over the studs..put the backside support piece almost all the way on..push and hold the last hole on the last of the (three) studs and secure with the backside support piece

1 - 10 of 10 Posts