Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
95 gold-n-cream SLS
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 quickies.

1) Where can i get Gold Caddy Paint. My Year is 95 Gold, with cream interior. I also want to find Pearl to add into the gold.

2) where can i find a good color match spray touch up paint? I had a minor accident a couple months ago, and redid the body work. I got the body line in and everything, it looks great, except the primer part. So i want to cover it up with spray touch up. AAny help is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
94 ETC,97 STS
3,531 Posts
Don't mask off the exact area. Let the paint blend back into the good paint. Mask it all the way back at the end of the panel.

I think they are all clear coated so don't forget that.

·
Registered
1996 Eldorado Sport Coupe, 2009 Black Navigator
5,032 Posts
Personally I wish this site would consider giving a little more importants toward the DIY'er Body mechanic for those of us who have been in an accident(IMO).

·
Registered
2001 ETC Sequoia
878 Posts
ALBUNDY said:
Personally I wish this site would consider giving a little more importants toward the DIY'er Body mechanic for those of us who have been in an accident(IMO).
Well sure, but aren't there a jazillion other sites that do just that?

I think we're here at this site for something else entirely. Basically we're considering intact, physically undamaged cars that have OTHER problems that members here can help other members resolve.

Regards,
Warren

·
Registered
95 gold-n-cream SLS
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
body work is pretty hard to type someone step by step
i was shown how to first hand and i must say, if you have patientes, it is a piece of cake. You have to have a little OCD too but i love body work as a hobby.

·
Cadillac Maniac
Cadillac Escalade
13,753 Posts
ALBUNDY said:
This would be a good post in our feedback/suggestions section. Everybody could talk about it there without changing the subject here..

·
Registered
94 ETC,97 STS
3,531 Posts
Jonny, if you like body work you should look at getting a compressor and spray gun. You can get inexpensive guns @ harbor freight if budget is an issue. There's little comparison between cans and a gun. A gun is SOOOOOOOOOOOO much better. With a compressor you can go to air sanders which make it all easier and faster.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Administrator said:
This would be a good post in our feedback/suggestions section. Everybody could talk about it there without changing the subject here..
Good point. If he cares enough to post it there, I'll help him out. There's at least a couple others here that I've talked with from time to time that have professional body repair experience. They'll be helpful too.

·
Registered
95 gold-n-cream SLS
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ya. i dont call myself a pro by ANY STRETCH of the imagination. but i have pointers that will help him as they have helped me. Just post what you would like to know.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts