Cadillac Owners Forum banner
81 - 100 of 111 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Paint is literally melting on my 2021 on the trim, and the panels between the windows are starting to show the brackets underneath. The dealership is having to replace them all View attachment 601074
I discovered exact same issue on my 2021 Sport. Did the Dealer have any thoughts on the cause of this issue? How are the replacement parts holding up? They've ordered parts for mine, but I sure hope they aren't going to replace defective parts with more defective parts (necessitating another trip to the Dealer). Thanks!

Attachments

· Registered
198 Posts
People have mentioned how low E window glass panes are known to cause melting on cars. Are you parking in same spot in front of big windows by chance? Just google and you can read about it. Tint on house/business window can fix the issue from what I have read. Usually a linear concentrated burn. Example link. Glare from energy-efficient windows can melt siding, vehicles :: WRAL.com

· Registered
467 Posts
So it’s been interesting. They brought it back on Monday, only doing part of the repair. The trim they did replace already started bubbling after 48 hours. They still have zero idea what the cause is. View attachment 603851
Where do you live? do you park outside on sunny days.... any change you park in the driveway of a newer-ish home (built in the last 15 years.) As I mentioned on another thread.... it is very common for plastic parts on cars to be melted by the sun reflecting off of new low-e windows on a home (usually from the second story.) The glass in some Low-e windows is slightly concave (a defect I believe) and this makes things even worth. The sun will move across the sky and basically become a laser beam slowly moving across your driveway melting anything that gets in its way. This is real... it happens. Was your car outside in the sun in the 48 hours after you picked it up from the new trim being installed? at work, at home, etc.

· Registered
2021 Escalade Premium Luxury Platinum Super Cruise, Satin Steel with Jet Black
8 Posts
Service bulletin for Paint Chipping or Peeling on Front Fascia Front Fender and Fascia Near Headlamp

21-NA-050 and MC-10183800-9999
Thanks Phoenixx! I have the Satin Steel Metallic so the problem is not just the white. Dealer fixed the LH side and had to clear coat the entire fascia. This caused it to be slightly darker than the rest of the vehicle. Not happy...BUT now the problem is on the RH side so looks like we are in for a complete replacement since it cannot be clear coated again. Rest of the paint is about what I would expect on a GM vehicle.

· Registered
5 Posts
Geez. How long did it take to happen the first time?
I keep checking mine.. it has PPF on the front end so it would be a disaster!
I purchased mine the beginning of January and I just found it today. (9 months) I do not see that repainting will fix the problem. You can tell it is a rubbing issue because the paint that is peeling looks like an accordion.

· Registered
5 Posts
I just scheduled an appointment to get my bumper repainted next week.
Unfortunately that isn’t going to happen because I was driving down the highway and my engine started knocking. I am over an hour from home sitting at a Cadillac dealer.
A lifter in cylinder one has to be replaced. Apparently this is an issue with the new Escalade as well as I have read in another forum.

· Registered
64 Posts
Unfortunately that isn’t going to happen because I was driving down the highway and my engine started knocking. I am over an hour from home sitting at a Cadillac dealer.
A lifter in cylinder one has to be replaced. Apparently this is an issue with the new Escalade as well as I have read in another forum.
How many miles?

· Registered
467 Posts
VERY well known issue. You need all your lifters replaced... they are defective.

· Registered
9 Posts
I had the exact same problem. Same color, both sides, etc. Your pictures look just like mine. So sad.

Took my Escalade to the dealer this AM as paint is peeling on both sides in the same spot. Being told the whole front bumper needs to be painted. Less than thrilled that a $100k+ with less than 1,000 miles needs refinishing work View attachment 600932 View attachment 600933

· Registered
6 Posts
Not the best photo, but that is the paint peeling up from the top edge of the front bumper cover. (you are looking at the bottom of the raised paint.) (I should not that I have Paint protection film on there... so the line horizontal lines you see are just the edge of that. I am sure i will have to have the bumper recovered when this is all over.)
View attachment 602420
Did the dealer pay to put the paint protection film back on? I have this issue and just got my car ceramic coated.

81 - 100 of 111 Posts