Cadillac Owners Forum banner
61 - 80 of 111 Posts

· Registered
2022 Escalade ESV Sport
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
He mentioned 3 engineers in total. The first time it happened within 3-4 weeks of delivery. Contacted GM. Happened again another 3 weeks after it was painted, but GM was already scheduled to come in town. They are shipping up a painted bumper from the factory & taking mine back to analyze.

· Registered
467 Posts
I noticed last night that also have this issue. Just a small tear at the moment, but same location.

· Registered
467 Posts
You guys have any pictures?
Not the best photo, but that is the paint peeling up from the top edge of the front bumper cover. (you are looking at the bottom of the raised paint.) (I should not that I have Paint protection film on there... so the line horizontal lines you see are just the edge of that. I am sure i will have to have the bumper recovered when this is all over.)

· Registered
199 Posts
Yep. All edges and seams. Edges are rounded off with paint blobs too. Your lower panel edge corner is a good example of it. All my corners are like that. Paint blobs and crap paint job.

Not the best photo, but that is the paint peeling up from the top edge of the front bumper cover. (you are looking at the bottom of the raised paint.) (I should not that I have Paint protection film on there... so the line horizontal lines you see are just the edge of that. I am sure i will have to have the bumper recovered when this is all over.)
View attachment 602420

· Super Moderator
2019 XTS Luxury AWD, 2004 SRX N* AWD (gone)
4,521 Posts
Anyone have continuous issues with the paint peeling at the front fascia? Had mine repainted 2 months ago and it is already starting to peel again in the same area...Dealer says they have to contact GM but I'm concerned this is going to keep occurring...Covered or not its a pain in the ass taking it back and forth to the dealer
Geez, this is bad. I don't know if the following is your problem but thought I would mention it. I had an '04 SRX that had a 6 inch area of peeling on the front bumper. Paint guy said the bumper was not primed properly at the factory. He primed and painted it, and never had an issue after.

Can clearly see it starting to peel. Damn…
How’s that going to work with the protection film?
PPF will have to be taken off, car re-painted properly, then a waiting period for paint to cure, then re-apply new PPF. Cadillac should cover all of the cost for you...at least they should.

· Registered
2021 Escalade Premium Luxury Platinum Super Cruise, Satin Steel with Jet Black
8 Posts
Took my Escalade to the dealer this AM as paint is peeling on both sides in the same spot. Being told the whole front bumper needs to be painted. Less than thrilled that a $100k+ with less than 1,000 miles needs refinishing work View attachment 600932 View attachment 600933
I had the same problem, one side only. Had the dealer do the work. They painted the peeling area and clear coated the entire fascia. Overall, they did a good job with the paint. Unfortunately, they messed up the front radar sensors and I had to wait more than a week to get it replaced. No excuse for any car let alone one over 100k!

· Registered
2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Has this been an issue with any other colors? Seems weird that it would just be one color if the issue is supposedly the prep.
I think brake dust has flew up on the side off mine and eat through the clear coat some . This blows my mind I’m ready to have my lawyer follow up on this problem because I don’t want this problem to cost me 30grand on trade

Something is wrong with this paint process or paint it self

· Registered
8 Posts
Update on my paint issue. Cadillac is picking up my Escalade tomorrow and replacing the side trim, and all black trim around the windows. Only took a month from when they ordered the parts to when they were ready to fix it.

· Registered
50 Posts
That’s absolutely awful. For this to happen to any car let alone one that’s 100K+. Completely unacceptable. Some have contacted GM others have gone directly to dealer.

It’s crazy that the most expensive “color” is the one it seems to be happening to. For the record mine is the same white tricoat. I check it daily for the paint issue. Right now mine is at the dealer for another issue… no idea when I’ll be getting it back.

· Registered
64 Posts
How long has the front bumper paint job been taking for some of your dealers? Trying to plan around not having our new SUV for a while... It also has the "Service Braking Assist" message, which I'm told might just be a module update (?).

61 - 80 of 111 Posts