Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 111 Posts

· Registered
2022 Escalade ESV Sport
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my Escalade to the dealer this AM as paint is peeling on both sides in the same spot. Being told the whole front bumper needs to be painted. Less than thrilled that a $100k+ with less than 1,000 miles needs refinishing work

· Registered
467 Posts
Crazy. Looks like poor paint prep work on the plastic bumper. Last time I checked... paint shouldn't peel off :-O

· Registered
199 Posts
The paint is pretty bad on these cars. Look at all the corners where the panels meet, look at the edges. Often there are paint drips and contaminants. Open doors and hatch and look to see how the edges are finished on the exterior and interior edges. Probably the worst factory paint job I have seen in a car ever. Mine is having paint issues repaired right now too, along with the lifters.

· Registered
2022 Escalade ESV Sport
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The paint is pretty bad on these cars. Look at all the corners where the panels meet, look at the edges. Often there are paint drips and contaminants. Open doors and hatch and look to see how the edges are finished on the exterior and interior edges. Probably the worst factory paint job I have seen in a car ever. Mine is having paint issues repaired right now too, along with the lifters.
What color?

· Registered
467 Posts
Again... just the reality that our Cadillacs have the paint job from a base Tahoe. :-/ GM needs to step up the quality of the Escalade. I assure you that the team in Arlington doesn't care one bit if it is a $50k Tahoe or a $115k Cadillac... the paint job is the same quality, and so is the rest of the assembly.

Reactions: Carguyatl

· Banned
2009 SRX V6 RWD, 2011 CTS Premium Coupe
806 Posts
It is a tricoat :) Not regular flat white.
I like how it looks and don't have to worry about scratches or swirls like other colors. Does not bake in son like other colors either.
Yeah, no. The first two cars my dad had in my life were white, and both turned to chalk in the Florida sun. Same with my wife's truck.

· Registered
10 Posts
Took my Escalade to the dealer this AM as paint is peeling on both sides in the same spot. Being told the whole front bumper needs to be painted. Less than thrilled that a $100k+ with less than 1,000 miles needs refinishing work View attachment 600932 View attachment 600933
Had the same EXACT issue with mine as well, had to have the whole bumper repainted...also noticed a few dust spots in the paint on the hood so I had them repaint that as well. As far as the bumper is concerned I was told there is a service bulletin for this issue on all the new body style of tahoe, yukon, and escalade and it had to do with the coating on the bumper during assembly

1 - 20 of 111 Posts