Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2011 SRX
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I apologize in advance for this post, as I know it's been asked before. However, after looking through a bunch of posts I still cannot find the paint code in my 2011 Cadillac SRX. I did find the service tag in the side rear, but I don't see anything that resembles a paint code. Suggestions?

·
Registered
2014 SRX AWD LUX terra mocha/shale brownstone
163 Posts
I agree with ZY insomuch as I believe U 501Q is the "upper" color of your vehicle and the actual color code is listed farther up on the label as GAR which for 2011 Cadillac was Black Ice.

Another way to verify this is to graciously contact Marc NY on this forum via private message. Supply him with your VIN and he may provide you with the actual build sheet for your vehicle and this should verify the color code and actual color name for that year. You should find it to be GAR Black Ice...I think.

·
Registered
2011 SRX
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea I'm pretty sure it's black ice. I was looking to buy touch-up paint and literally every single site doesn't have that as a color option. They all say carbon something or other with that code.

·
Registered
2014 SRX AWD LUX terra mocha/shale brownstone
163 Posts

·
Registered
'14 SRX4 Premium silver-coast/shale-brownstone
709 Posts
If you need matching touch up, best place is a GM dealer. Give them the VIN, they pull the build data or simply check the build tag in the glove box/door frame/cargo hold and know how to interpret. They will order touch up with that exact paint, not a close-colour match of other off-the-shelf touchup manufacturers. It's a little bottle of the exact paint. Might cost an extra buck or two, but worth it IMHO.

GM uses their own codes for colours (GAR in this case) for their vehicle ordering system. Other car makers use similar codes. The paint supplier uses their own codes (WA510Q in this case) which provides a universal colour number across multiple car makers codes.

Max

1 - 10 of 10 Posts