Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1990 DeVille
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've looked under the spare cover, in the engine compartment, on the doorjambs, etc., and cannot find the code. According to paintscratch.com, a supposedly expert site, only three "whites" are possible:
WHITE 40/11/WA3967 or
WHITE CLEARCOTE 40/WA8554 or
WHITE DIAMOND PEARL 93/WA8933.

I cannot find anything close to those numbers anywhere on the car's various tags.

I really want to order a spray can of touchup paint, but it must be the right color.

???

·
Registered
93 Sedan Deville 4.9L
1,005 Posts
Should be be ontop of the spare cover on a sticker. Is your car 2 tone top and bottom? if it is 2 tone you will see a number with a "U" for upper, and an "L" for lower. If you cant find it then write down your vin and call a cadillac dealer, I believe they can get the code from the vin.

If I had to guess I would think it would be the second the 3, but that is just a guess, I dont think they used pearl white that early, If I am not mistaken white diamond pearl is a very pricey 3 layer paint that came along around 95.

·
Registered
1990 DeVille
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good - thanks!

It's one color (white), and I was fooled by the code U8554L8554. So, you're right - it was the second of them.

Now, to order a spray can of good quality paint that won't bubble when it hits that plastic panel on the door...

·
Registered
93 Sedan Deville 4.9L
1,005 Posts
Just another thought. How big an area are we talking? I used my paint code to have a local auto paint store mix me some and it was a different color due to the age difference. I did a large area and it was obvious, however mine was blue, white may be more forgiving in that aspect, just something to consider though.

·
Registered
1990 DeVille
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This '90 now has 22k miles on it, and hasn't spent much time in the sun since new. Also, the panel to be painted is vertical - it's the plastic decorative add-on at the bottom of a rear door.

It'll look ok, I hope, but if it's obvious then I'll go to an expert.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts